1 Blastmaster

7 Plague Marines
2 Meltaguns

8 Khorne Berserkers

9 Thousand Sons
Bolt of Change

Chaos Land Raider

1298 Points

Obviously this is a fluff based army. I think it may very well be a losing army 90% of the time, but it looks extremely fun to play. If anyone does have any ideas as to how this army could be used effectively let me know. Of course the main theme must stay (don't tell me to change the numbers around sir!)

·
Registered
182 Posts
You lack long range shooting, so some Obliterators would make it more competitive i think! Either that or a couple of Vindicators/Defillers.

Bung some Rhinos in there and you have a nice 1750/1850.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Abaddon and the khorne Berserkers in the Land Raider.

Sit your thousand sons behind a wall of your plague marines for the cover bonus, move that forward, run the land raider down the board, and the noise marines aswell.

Basically you'd just wanna make sure abaddon dosnt get hurt! i'd say add in 2 rhinos and 2 oblits to make it 1500 points. You'd have alot more chance of winning then, and it would be funner because you'd have a chance of all 4 cult troops locked in combat :D

RHINOS EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Give the Landraider Daemonic Possession and the Rhino(s) extra armour.. Your opponent will do everything he can to avoid Abaddon.. So pick a target early and close it down ASAP..

·
Registered
496 Posts
i feel sorry for your lane raider....

and i think the ability of your army is going to be 100% based on how close abbadon gets to the enemy

anything he touches is dead consdering hes 1/6th of your armys points theres good reason for that though...

TBH id get your points up another 200 and beef some stuff up so your not completely lacking in troop numbers (also a Skull champ with PF might be in order in that case :3)
overall it looks scary since you have the best SC in your list running full speed at the enemy in a LR with a bunch of Zerkers at his right hand...

And really... there isnt going to be THAT much that anti tank so you really should do quite well in killpoint games... and other non-objective based games XD

·
Registered
941 Posts
HQ
Abbadon, the Despoiler
a bit expensive at this point value, I'd trade him for kharn and have him and the zerkers go in the land raider
Troops

6 Noise Marines
5 Sonic Blasters
1 Blastmaster
get a sonic champ w/ doom siren
7 Plague Marines
2 Meltaguns
get a plague champ w/ PF
8 Khorne Berserkers
go with kharn in land raider
9 Thousand Sons
Bolt of Change
you have to have an aspiring sorcerer to have a psycik power
Chaos Land Raider
with the points left over from dropping abbadon, give this las spons!
1298 Points

Obviously this is a fluff based army. I think it may very well be a losing army 90% of the time, but it looks extremely fun to play. If anyone does have any ideas as to how this army could be used effectively let me know. Of course the main theme must stay (don't tell me to change the numbers around sir!)
do those changes and you'll have a mighty fine list!:so_happy:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rhinos for the Plague dudes and 1k Sons.

Throw in some vindicators or obliterators for some smackdown.

Or unlock the forcefields on the holding cages and release 3 dreadnoughts with extra dccw and heavy flamer for some crazy fun .....

·
Registered
195 Posts
HQ
Abbadon, the Despoiler
a bit expensive at this point value, I'd trade him for kharn and have him and the zerkers go in the land raider
Troops
I would say keep Abbadon for the fluff
6 Noise Marines
5 Sonic Blasters
1 Blastmaster
get a sonic champ w/ doom siren
I agree it would fit with fluff pretty well and be super cool
7 Plague Marines
2 Meltaguns
get a plague champ w/ PF
I agree
8 Khorne Berserkers
go with kharn in land raider
do Abaddon
9 Thousand Sons
Bolt of Change
you have to have an aspiring sorcerer to have a psycik power
yeah he is right
Chaos Land Raider
with the points left over from dropping abbadon, give this las spons!
they allready come with las sponsons
1298 Points

Obviously this is a fluff based army. I think it may very well be a losing army 90% of the time, but it looks extremely fun to play. If anyone does have any ideas as to how this army could be used effectively let me know. Of course the main theme must stay (don't tell me to change the numbers around sir!):
I think it would be fine if you upped the points and gave some squads rhinos

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think the land raider will be the key to victory supporting Abbadon. As for the Thousand Sons, the Aspiring Sorc was assumed, I didn't want to have to write down 8 Thousand Sons. I do think the doom siren and pf are good ideas, I just have to make all the math work out. I might try to make this a 1500 army.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah I think the land raider will be the key to victory supporting Abbadon. As for the Thousand Sons, the Aspiring Sorc was assumed, I didn't want to have to write down 8 Thousand Sons. I do think the doom siren and pf are good ideas, I just have to make all the math work out. I might try to make this a 1500 army.
no one plays 1300 anyway

·
Registered
941 Posts
my bad, sorry about the las spons. If you don't want to win, but want to be fluffy, use abaddon, and who knows, it might work out for you!:victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts