Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided, what would a true blood angels lost look like, with all jump packs?i would have like a few extra points for this, to add in maybe a plasma honour gaurd for skirmishing, for skirmishing, perhaps a sanguinary gaurd? Also, I have no idea why, but I can never seem to spell guard right ever, I think it's the a/u :p
I was debating whether to take plasma or melta guns on my assault squads, I decided melta as you can't fire the plasma as you charge, so I get more shots with the melta guns, plus insta death they cause is nice for hopping over a unit and blasting their HQ whose been hiding :D
I'll miss storm shields though, I use too many assault terminators :D

Libby- jumppack (divination/biomancy)

x2 10 man assault squads- x2 melta guns, power fist, storm shield(abit of points burning here)
x2 10 man assault squads- x2 melta guns, power fist

x2 sanguinary priests- jumpacks, power swords

Whose that look?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
It's a decent core. I would drop some of the superfluous upgrades (the storm shields and maybe some powerfists) to get... you guessed it... even more melta! But actually. I advise making some of these squads flame-centric, with flamers and hand flamers galore, and then adding attack bikes (if you have them) with MM. I know, not jump packs, but hey it's still assault marines.

In an army like this, I feel like sanguinary guard are a must, even if it's only one unit - run your libby and 1-2 priests here for maximum lulz.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's as much melta as they'll take, any more the commands gonna wonder why their dinners cold
I've also never found a use for flames since 6th, in order to get the template to bear, you need to be at the front of the squad, guess where the bullet bites first? Plus the hordiest army I face is oddly grey knights, the non paladin army which is so rare among noobs it seems, other than that it's a 2 unit nob battle, and paladins give or take
So of I ditch say 2 fists and the shields, that's 70pts shaved, what to do with that? I guess I could take a drop pod with death wind launcher for blasts, locator beacon even perhaps?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Whaaaaaaat abooouuuuutttttt:

Libby w/ JP

Priest w/ JP, PS

Libbynaught w/ WoS, BL (maybe SS instead)

3x 5 man RAS each w/ MG, 2x IPs in DP

2x 10 man RAS each w/ 2x Flamers, 2x HF (Priest and Libby in one, or split them up: FnP has a 6" range)

Just happens to be 1250 bang on.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would much rather keep everyone at 12" movement minimum, or deep strike, that way everyone hits combat at the same time, and that burst of speed has won me many a game where I've had to cut my losses and pull out, to make sure I capture the objective and win the game
Would it be a good idea to melge two of the deep striking squads into a single, jumpacking force? That way they have more staying power, and can join their breetheran upon touch down. The single 6" scatter has always made me contemplate this Or maybe just the 10 men in a droppod?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I would much rather keep everyone at 12" movement minimum, or deep strike
Everyone in that list either has Jump Packs (or Wings of Sanguinius) or is deep striking.

Would it be a good idea to melge two of the deep striking squads into a single, jumpacking force? That way they have more staying power, and can join their breetheran upon touch down. The single 6" scatter has always made me contemplate this Or maybe just the 10 men in a droppod?
I went the MSU way because it lets you choose different targets while still putting in separate squads for scoring. I would be more interested in seeing a Fragioso and a ten man MG squad in their place, drop whichever necessary at deployment when you see your enemy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah right my bad forgot about wings :p
Looks good, so what should I drop for the fragioso?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Libby w/ JP

Priest w/ JP, PS

Fragioso w/ FC, HF in DP

Libbynaught w/ WoS, BL (maybe SS instead)

10 man RAS w/ MG, PF in DP

2x 10 man RAS each w/ 2x Flamers, 2x HF
Leaves you with 15 points to spend....somewhere. It's a pretty straight up BA list, thought I would hesitate to say it will be easy to play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts