Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically what this list is a static countercharge list, or slow advance list. My assault marines advance towards the enemy, with the vindicators opening up the way.
The honour guard are there to skirmish plasma, and the razor backs as anti tank and maybe mobile cover

Terminator librarian- storm sheild
Honour gaurd- x4 plasma guns

x2 10man assault squads- plasma guns, power fist, no packs
x2 razorbacks- twin linked lascannons
sanguinary priest
x2 vindicators- dozer blades

Any good?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Ok where is the Libby going? And is it just me, or is this really static? I feel like our main strength as BA is our mobility (compared to smurfs), but this doesn't have much... The razorbacks can't even hold the full ASM squad! In a static army like this, tactical marines (I know, the horror) would actually work a lot better.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the point really, I wanted it to be like maybe a blood angels siege force perhaps? I know I'm using the wrong codex, but I like them too much and enjoy experimenting
The Libby goes with one of the assault squads, the termi armour is so I feel more comfortable getting him stuck in to use the force weapon, I guess I could give him a jump pack and run with the honour gaurd, and give the points left over to something else?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
It's fine if you want to play static, but even blood angels use tactical marines more than assault marines in every day combat situations. Especially in seiges etc. Totally go for defensive play, but don't use assault marines unless you have a good way of getting them to where they fight their best (i.e. packs, pods, or raiders).

Devestators are a great choice, especially since we actually get them cheaper than the smurfs :victory: that's something you don't hear every day.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I guess I could give him a jump pack and run with the honour gaurd
Do you mean to say that your Honour Guard in the above list has four Plasma Guns and Jump Packs? 'Cuz that would be 225 points. Even without the Jump Packs it's still priced wrong at 155, 4x PGs are 60 points making them on foot 175.

How many Razorbacks do you own? I used to play flame-equipped RAS in Razorbacks with a MG squad coming in via Drop Pod, though to be honest it was more because I thought it was cool over it playing well.

Devestators are a great choice, especially since we actually get them cheaper than the smurfs
4x MLs for 130 which is the same as the SM codex, but we have Ld9 Sergeants to begin with. Plus the Red Thirst for extra thirstiness.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean to say that your Honour Guard in the above list has four Plasma Guns and Jump Packs? 'Cuz that would be 225 points. Even without the Jump Packs it's still priced wrong at 155, 4x PGs are 60 points making them on foot 175.

How many Razorbacks do you own? I used to play flame-equipped RAS in Razorbacks with a MG squad coming in via Drop Pod, though to be honest it was more because I thought it was cool over it playing well.
Yeah my bad on the points, I tweaked the list once I realised I had forgotten the preist, honour gaurd took the wrap D:
Only thing I actually own of the above list is the Libby(jumppack or termi) and a razor back with heavy bolsters ATM

This list is very different from the one I started to brainstorm before I found a note pad, so I'm really not sure on how it would work lol
I stayed away from devastors however as I want to maintain so movement, as it stands I believe I can move 6" and remain at full fire output, that'll keep me out of range of some armies indefiantly :D which is why I added the 'slow advance' in the summary at the top
One thing I'm really not sure on is how the honour guard would perform, 5 guys for those points seems steep, eseacially if they are then charged with baby sitting my Libby, allowing easyish first blood and slay the warlord

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Just rolled this around:

Libby w/ JP

3x Priest w/ 1x JP, 3x PS

2x 5 man RAS w/ Flamer, 2x HF in RBs (Priest in each)

10 man RAS w/ 2x MGs, PF in DP

10 man RAS w/ 2x MG, PS (Libby and Priest w/JP go here)

Vindicator w/ pintle SB

Drop Pod RAS guns down armour T1, distracts from the advance. Vindicator moves up flanked by the Razorbacks filled with FnP Flame squads, covering the Jump Pack squad behind them (optional DS unit as well).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not entirely sure this needs 3 priests though, thwy have a 6" bubble so I could always keep the two razor backs in relatively close quarters, it's how I run my current assault marines, a pair of 10man squads with single preist apart from that it looks good :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ummm..... Whirlwind?
Not sure of the points though off by heart

·
Registered
59 Posts
2x 5 man RAS w/ Flamer, 2x HF in RBs (Priest in each)

Man you sure do love those Hand Flamers!

Have you considered an Inquisitor with a small 3 man Acolyte Warband with MGs (or otherwise) in a Razorback?

Maybe drop the pintle SB on the Vindi?

I dunno. The more I think about it, the harder I'm scratching my head.

Majorian

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Man you sure do love those Hand Flamers!
All day, every day! At first I thought they were crap, now I'm hoping they keep the Gunslinger rule in 7th.

Have you considered an Inquisitor with a small 3 man Acolyte Warband with MGs (or otherwise) in a Razorback?
The Inquisitor serves larger squads better, I'd say. More models to benefit from Prescience. Were I to do this, it would be with a Chimera (more guns, AV12) and the Inq. would be with another squad. Definitely arm the Acolytes with Hot Shot Lasguns, I'm considering buying a Tempestus squad just for this purpose. That sergeant with the cloak would make a friggin' tough as nails Inquisitor with a few minor adjustments.

Maybe drop the pintle SB on the Vindi?
Never! :laugh: 10 points to have some variety for Weapon Destroyed results is SO worth it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm considering buying a Tempestus squad just for this purpose.

THIS! I did it, and man are they some beautiful models. Plus it's actually fluffy. I made a tempestus/GK/Sternguard kitbashed duelist dude. Sorry for off topic...

Maybe drop one of the 5man RAS and take a nasty warband. I'm thinking Mystic in case you wanna deep strike, 2x Crusaders for added survivability, 3 Storm Bolter Acolytes- can shoot out of the chimera, and the rest with hot shot Las guns AP3 whoo.

Personally I like a smaller squad, Quiz, mystic, crusader, and either a hot shot Las or SB acolyte and two meltaguns in a razor, plus the quiz can have psychic communion.

Majorian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts