Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a tactical squad and in deciding how to build it i decided to throw this around, evaluate the whole list if you will but the primary focus is on the two tactical squads... I'll likey build the plasma gun/multi melta first due in no small part to lack of lascannons :wink:
This was written in battle scribe and cut down to manageable (and legal) content, so apologies for any strangeness
1250 blood Angels

HQ
Sanguinary Priest (111pts)- Bolt Pistol, valours edge, Angels wing, Melta bombs
(Flies with the sanguinary gaurd and well... Injects them with various narcotics, I don't judge)

Elites
10man Sanguinary Guard Squad (395pts)- 2x fists, 8x swords, chapter banner
(Deep strikes in using the priests wings, and well fucks shit up... In theory)

Troops
x2 10man Tactical Squad (420pts)- Multi-melta, Plasma gun
····Rhino (45pts)
(Rides as whole in the rhino, clearing a landing zone for the golden nipples and provides covering fire
5man scout squad (70pts)- 5x snipers, camo cloaks

Heavy Support (260pts)
x2 Vindicator (140pts)- Overcharged engines
( :crazy: need I say more?)

So how's it look? 4pts left because of that pesky priest pistol...
There's a good chance the tacticals will end up bludgeoning their way through some squads if I feel like it :angel:
That sanguinary guard seem a bit vulnerable though, not sure how to fix it though. Also tanks... Very little ranged tank hunting and no anti air :cray:
Any comments, criticsims welcome :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Made some changes, namely dropped the lascannon tacticals to be like their more tactical brethren
Drop various trinkets about the list to accommodate the extra rhino
Thoughts?
I'm wondering if melta guns would be a better choice on the tacticals... Lest I blow myself up with plasma :(

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
With 2 vindicators, you don't need much ap2 (i.e. plasma) - meltas would be much better (and cheaper) in those tac. squads.

I'm not sure how I feel about both a libbie and a priest - I tend to take both as cheap HQs that do a lot for their points, but when you take two you have to consider whether the points could be better spent, whereas you have to take one.

I'd switch a sword or two to fists if you can on the SG, and a chapter banner is the best buy possible for them. That's +11/12 attacks for just 30 (I think?) points.

What I would do is drop the libbie and dozer blades on the Vindis to get a fist or two in the SG, the banner, and a 5 man scout squad with cloaks and snipers (or just one if you can't afford the 5/10 points). This gives you a great scoring unit, decent anti-MC (snipers and fists), and one hell of a beatstick, and overall I think it's more points efficient than having both HQs.

That's assuming, of course, that you have scouts...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't have scouts, nor do I have half the stuff in this list. It's more of an 'Aspirational' list I work towards.
I always assumed the chapter banner was +1 leadership but I guess that's command squads ands I should read the rules :p
That's a pretty good point on the plasma, I'll give tweaking a go

EDIT: dropped the dozers and bolters on the vindi's, dropped the Libby and squeezed some scouts in :) as well as giving the priest the Angels wing instead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts