Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im pretty new to the 40k table top and looking for advice for my army.

Right now I have

HQ
Chaptper master with term armor, combi-plasma and power sword
With honor guard

Elite
5x terminator squad with 2 assault cannons.

Troops
2x 7-man tac squads with plasma cannon
2x 6-man tac squads with heavy bolters

Heavy
2 preds with twin linked laz and heavy bolters

Im using imperial fist chapter tactics as well. I appreciate all advice on the list.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Firstly, welcome to Heresy! I've honed a lot of lists and tactics here, though sometimes you have to be patient in waiting for responses these days.

Off the top of my head you can only take one Heavy Weapon upgrade for every 5 Terminators in the squad, so they have to be 10 men strong for that second Assault Cannon.

Is there a reason beyond points that you're running odd man Tactical squads?

Those Predators have some issues with their weapon loadout, in that one shot is super effective against vehicles and 6 shots are made for infantry. No matter what you shoot at, some of those points will be pretty much wasted as they don't cross over very well. I'd be more inclined to see an Autocannon/Lascannon sponson loadout, but even then I find that it's almost impossible to consistently use both sponsons at the same time.

I would be tempted to drop the sponson weapons on the Predators and leave them with just the Twin Linked Lascannons up top, and using those points to get some bodies into those Tactical squads. I would also drop the Honour Guard, since the Terminator armoured Captain will only stop them from being able to preform a Sweeping Advance and they're only a 3 man squad. Again, fire those points into your Troops selections to beef them up to 10 man squads and add the second weapon into them.

Hope this gets some thoughts stirring!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
HQ
Chaptper master with term armor, combi-plasma and power sword
Since it's quite a small points value, I'd knock him down to Captain status and replace his Combi-Plasma and Power Sword with the Burning Blade or Teeth of Terra to give him a bit more combat punch.

With honor guard
How many? I wouldn't recommend any since without a Drop Pod or any power-armoured characters you might struggle to get them to where they need to be in one piece.

Elite
5x terminator squad with 2 assault cannons.
As ntaw pointed out, only one AC allowed per squad, unfortunately.

Troops
2x 7-man tac squads with plasma cannon
2x 6-man tac squads with heavy bolters
Very awkward squad sizes - I'd be tempted to go with 5 squads of 5, if you can find some more Heavy Weapon dudes, and bring them with Plasma Cannons and Lascannons rather than Heavy Bolters as Heavy Bolters are not particularly good and Lascannons will let you bust armour more capably.

Heavy
2 preds with twin linked laz and heavy bolters
I quite like these.

Overall, a promising start; welcome to 40k, and welcome to Heresy :victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts