Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never gone up against nids. To make things worse, I am unsure if I will be up against a hoarde or some big fellas. This is what I've put together. Please feel free to comment and help a fellow Ordo Malleus:

HQ: Brother Captain (Psychic Hood) with 5 Termies. One will have a psycannon, one will have incinerator.

Heavy Support: 2 Dreads with auto cannons, heavy flamers and extra armour. One will have smoke.

Troops: 2 squads of Justicar and 5 GKs. Two GKs in each squad will have psycannons.

Fast Attack: 1 squad of Justicar and 5 GKs. Two will have Incinerators.

Comes to 1249. The idea is to drop the fast attack in behind them. The others will start as far forward as possible and slowly retreat to delay the CC as long as possible. The two dreads will be used to draw their attention. I figured better two targets to split them rather than one big LR Crusader. Hopefully the flamers will do their jobs.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I do quite well against 'Nids with a standard-build 3 LR list, but obviously that's not at 1250.

Incinerators are vital against little Bugs/Stealers so you're ok in that regard.

GKT eat MC's easily enough but then are usually left out in the open for a turn, but they can then get back in their LRC and do it all again.

Other than that you need to keep out of c/c and kill as many as possible from as far away as possible..weight of fire into each unit until they're no longer a threat.

It's a shame you don't know what you will be facing, but best of luck with it.:victory:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Give a terminator or two thunder hammers with storm shield in case you need to smash big bugs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give a terminator or two thunder hammers with storm shield in case you need to smash big bugs.
Good point. I will have two lists ready. If he brings out a couple of big-uns, I'll give him my list with TH/SS termies.

Thanks for that.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Good point. I will have two lists ready. If he brings out a couple of big-uns, I'll give him my list with TH/SS termies
Booo, don't do that, it is kinda of cheesy and not very sportsman like.

·
Registered
418 Posts
get the holocaust psychic power, they're nids pie plates are mandatory

Noooooo Bad!!
Nids are very-Anti pyshic with their shadow of the warp power, making it more likley you will peril of the warp and wipe out your termies.

I would never advise taking holoucast as a squad power as i have had the misforutne of having my GKT retinue wipe themselves out. Repeatedly lol :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts