Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The general plan which will more than likely totally change before Turn 1 even ends...

• The Avatar alongside the Wraithlords advance screening Eldrad in with the Guardians behind them. I'll keep Fortune up on the 3 of them until other powers are necessary.
  • The Avengers should move up a flank and harry it or go for an enemy unit which will be most affected by a Bladestorm.
  • The Reapers sit at the back making a mess of GeQ or MeQ from afar.
  • The Scorpions make a nuisance of themselves in the back lines, possibly tank hunting.

The Avatar of Khaine

Eldrad Ulthran

Striking Scorpions x5

Exarch with Scorpion's Claw, Stalker and Shadowstrike.

Dire Avengers x10
Exarch with Dual Avenger Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm.

Guardians x10
Eldar Missile Launcher

Wraithlord
Two Flamers, Eldar Missile Launcher and Scatter Laser.

Wraithlord

Dark Reapers x5
Exarch with Tempest Launcher and Fast Shot.

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
For the Dark Reapers, please please please don't give them a Tempest Launcher with 5 guys. If you want to take 5 you don't even need a Exarch, if you want the Launcher you only need 3 guys total and you want Crack Shot not Fast Shot.

Wraithlords are Fine

Avengers are Perfect

Scorpions are good, but only 5 guys. If you take my suggestions with the Dark Reapers you should now have the points to make them 10 man.

Eldrad and Avatar is fine as well

EDIT: I also have a guide Here that covers everything you might need for the Eldar

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The Avatar of Khaine

Eldrad Ulthran

Striking Scorpions x5
Exarch with Scorpion's Claw, Stalker and Shadowstrike.

Dire Avengers x10
Exarch with Dual Avenger Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm. Foot slogging you might be better off with guardian squads and weapon platforms for more ranger fire.

Guardians x10
Eldar Missile Launcher I would go with a scatter laser because of low BS
Wraithlord

Wraithlord

Dark Reapers x5
Exarch with Tempest Launcher and Fast Shot.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree (as always) with Ragewind. One comment I have in addition is that you cannot triple cast a single spell with Eldrad, you can only Fortune 2 of them. I would suggest fortuning the Avatar, a Wraithlord, and guiding one of the Wraithlords - it would be the most effective use of your spells - or possibly fortune Eldrad's guardian unit if they come under some fire.

Also, if you take out the Reapers, you may want to consider giving the Guardians a warlock to help for anti-charge, conceal ( not useful with MCs in front, mind you), or a lovely destructor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts