Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm aiming for a "fun" list with my nids, considering there's no way I'm going to get a list as competitive as some of the other armies out there. Decided the Lictor/Mawloc combo seemed fluffy and fun, so i went for it. Here's my attempt, please tell me what you think!

Deathleaper 130
2 Lictors 100
2 Lictors 100
3x Tyranid Warriors, rending claws, devs, flesh hooks 117
3x Tyranid Warriors, rending claws, devs, flesh hooks 117
17x hormagaunts, toxin 136
17x hormagaunts, toxin 136
Mawloc 140
Mawloc 140
Mawloc 140

The thought is that deathleaper/lictors and the mawlocs are LD10 so they wont need to worry about synapse too much, unless i get super unlucky. Warriors pair up with the hormagaunts and just bum rush the opponent while lictors infiltrate and bring in the mawlocs. fairly simple. Thoughts?
-Arcticor

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
its and interseting list..the only thing i can see is you will hav a very very hurtful first turn and may not have much left on turn 2 to either hold objectives or to fight..so the opponent will have to weather 1 round of TFTD and thats pretty much it..
i like where your heading with it,,i just think those troops need a bit more support

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So before you see the list... I know genestealers have gotten a ton of flakk recently because their primary outflank tactic has gone down the tubes. I figured that since this list is for fun games, I might as well make it fluffy, and I dont think i could make a fluffier list than this. The genestealers should have some pressure taken off of them because 1) they'll deploy out of LoS and 2) the opponent also has to worry about the lictors and what comes after them (mawlocs). The plan is infiltrate everything, and have the mawlocs in reserve. Kinda simple.

Deathleaper 130
2x Lictors 100
2x Lictors 100
12x Genestealers 168
12x Genestealers 168
11x Genestealers 154
Mawloc 140
Mawloc 140
Mawloc 140

(I also have no synapse in this list.... but lictors are LD10 and mawlocs honestly dont care because they cant hurt themselves, and the worst that can happen is I cant shoot (oh NO) and have to charge (oh NO)...)
-Arcticor

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i lie this better that fact that you can hide everything..will help you greatly..i would try to get i a few broodlords they are great..also pinning you opponents could help greatly

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had two broodlords in there but I had something pathetic like 27 genestealers... 35 seemed scarier

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
fair enough...my only thougnht then would be trying to hide a squad that large..12 is a pretty big footprint...

·
Registered
502 Posts
you know what might make this list a little bit more consistent? a ADL with a comm relay. Getting to reroll every reserve roll might be handy. Nothing like rushing out every lictor you own to within 6 inches and having every single roll for reserve be a 1.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would drop a mawloc to get broodlords. They are a tough scoring unit and hard to kill buried in a stealer squad. And Horror works well with Lictors. I play a 1750 list with 5 Lictors and Deathleaper and I have less troops than you, lol. It still works becuase I have more units that deal damage ( one flyrant and two crones) and I have a bastion w/comms. A bastion with ten termagants (they are fearless in a bastion) adds a lot to a list with lictors mawlocs. I would go 3x six stealers and broodlord, ten termagants, bastion comms, two mawlocs and a flyrant. Maybe just 3x 1 Lictor.

leaper 130
3x 1 lictor 150
2x 6 stealers, broodlord 288
5 stealers, broodlord 130
10 gants 40
harpy 135
2x 1 Mawloc 280
bastion, comms 95

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do think I should add the broodlords back into the list... I think I'll pass on the gaunts/harpy/bastion though. I don't really think the bastion is too fluffy (this is for somewhat fun games w newer players, so this isnt a hard tourny list), and I'm not a huge fan of the harpy's model/rules to be honest seeing as it dies too easily to the quad gun, which is an auto-take for some of my opponents. Here's what I've come up with.

Deathleaper 130
2x Lictors 100
2x Lictors 100
11x Genestealers + 1 BL with talons 218
11x Genestealers + 1 BL with talons 218
10x Genestealers + 1 BL with talons 204
Mawloc 140
Mawloc 140

This is 1250 on the nose. I like it because its 32 genestealers vs the 35 i had before (meaning i dont have to buy a whole nother box to get the additional 3. you know, money things). I like it, I'm going to play test it on sunday, see if it flops miserably or is actually somewhat decent.
-Arcticor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts