Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Versing Tau. As we speak.

HQ: lord with MoN. BBoS and a power sword in a landraider with 7 plague marines armed with 2 plasma guns.

TROOPS:

2x 10 cultists

5x plague marines with 2x melta guns

7x plaguemarines with 2x plasma guns

FAST:
Helldrake with baleflamer

HEAVY:
5x havocs 2x las 2x autocannons.

1 pred with lascannon on top

Landraider.

Sorry for no points in sitting here getting mopped.

His hammerhead has survived 7 lasscannon shots and 2 melta shots. It has 1 HP left. Please tell me I am one unlocky SOB and this shit will never happen again....I've lost my 5 plague marines and a squad of cultists. I've lost 2 havocs and my predator. He's lost about 12 fire warriors and 6 path finders. :/ getting tired of shit rolls against Tau. -.-

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Chaos will find it difficult to out shoot tau. Another way to nullify a hammerhead it to get up close and personal. You lack any powerfist options making this more difficult.

Sound like you are having an unlucky game to be honest.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately my tactic was to taunt him with two nasty las tanks and a havoc squad. Luckily I got forst turn and hit him with 5 las rounds. Unluckily I didnt pen or glance with any of them. My autocannon and helldrake managed 1 glance before melta bombs were able to finish it. It was too late by this stage. I have my plan for him. I need more fast attack but I lack the money to put it into motion haha. Better luck next time. I was 1 inch away from taking a 4 point objective. Therefore I lost 7-1 as opposed to 7-5. 1 damn inch....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts