Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty with this list I will be going up against my friends IG and other friends Nidzilla army

HQ: Prince - 200pts
Wings, Warptime, MoT, Bolt of Change

Elites:
Chosen - 230pts
5 models... Champ 4 Lightning claws, Flamer x5 Meltabombs, IoS

Terminator Champions - 280pts
4 lightning claws, 1 pf, MoK

Troops:
CSM - 270pts
Champ w/pf combi melta x2 melta rhino extra armor

CSM - 270pts
Champ w/pf x2 plasma rhino extra armor

C&C please!!!

IoS so the Terms can DS after the infiltration of the chosen woot woot!!

I know he will prolly bring a deathstar tyrant and a trigon prime other than that I know the ig will be vet based.

I need advice!

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
The list isn't bad. I think the tzteench mark is a little excessive as it takes up too many points including those used to have the powers. I'd rather use those points on the rhinos for extra fire power. But thats just me. The rest of your list looks pretty fine too me. I also think that if somehow you could give your CSM squads a mark they would be less vulnerale. Almost any mark would hurt tyranid players.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no point to putting a mark on my basic nilla marines at this time. I've never really found them useful. The champ has a 10LD anyway. No need for IoCG the re-roll only works on morale tests nothing else. Kinda pointless. The old Undivided mark was worth the points because it gave one re-roll on anything. but this new one I have nevr had a situation come up where it was used so I stopped using it, and guess what? no need for it so far. Marks on nilla csm are out of budget for my local meta game. At best they are point sinks for me.

Anyone else agree with me?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I wouldn't say so. i was thinking nurgle. I don't have my codex with me, but most people who like the rhino and melta/plasma drive by shooting tend to go with the death guard units. As you don't have to pay for the expensive mark and don't need that many men for the use of two special weapons. Nurgle marks makes it a lot more difficult for guardsmen to hurt you, because they will need sixs most of the time. Slaanesh would put you up to par with a tyranid army with the initiative being relatively the same if not more so that the those marines don't go to shit when getting charged by a horde. Khorne is over extenisive. Tzeench is just too expensive. But the first two I think could help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts