Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Asked for advice awhile back (I forget, lol. Can't find my old thread either way) and got some advice. After I got my battle force and other stuff I ended up thinking and reworked what I had planned to get into a (what I assume is) more appropriate, fun yet still competitive force. Again, I don't really want to win hardcore, but I don't want to get smashed every time.

At the moment I'm rounding off at 1200 by using Possessed and my Chaos Lord, I figure why not. Just waiting on the new Plastic Daemon Prince since I really don't have the patience to convert a metal one (and I really...REALLY hate metal models that are big). Also I talked to my local GW and it seems alot of the people in my area run with CSM and SM, so I figure 2 Plasma on my CSM was a good choice.

List updated.

HQ
Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh and Lash of Submission - 155 pts

Elites
5 Chosen with Meltaguns and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 175 pts

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines with Aspiring Champ, Power Fist, 2 Plasma Guns, Icon of Chaos Glory and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 265 pts
10 Chaos Space Marines with Aspiring Champ, Power Fist, 2 Flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 245 pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers with Skull Champ, Power Fist and dedicated Rhino with Extra Armor - 258 pts

Heavy Support
Obliterator - 75 pts
Obliterator - 75 pts

Total: 1248 pts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Honestly, I would drop the possessed unless you really want to play them because they're just too random with Daemonkin.

Meltagun on the CSM would do a better job than Plasma without risking to kill your marines with Gets Hot.

With the point freed from the Possessed I would add another Obliterator.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I would reccomend you did 1500 not 1200!

You don't tend to see people play 1200, and 1500 would allow many more troops, so it's alot more fun. but if you insist on 1200,

As daemon said, drop the Plasmas and replace with meltas, loose the Possessed, add an obliterator and give the other 2 rhino's EA.

That being said, I think your list would benefit from using normal Chaos Space marines, rather than The Khorne, So thats some food for thought, wait and see what others think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Really hard for me right now to bump up to 1,500 points, most I can do is drop down to 1,000 by dropping the Possessed and something else OR I can upgrade a rhino or two and get up to 1250. I could wait it out until I can add more but I want to get gaming asap lol. On the note of plasma, I sort of assembled the marines like that because I only had 5 Meltas floating around which I used for the Chosen. Only option after that is Flamers, but from what I was told no one really runs swarmy armies in my area.

I really couldn't be bothered hunting around for people with meltas.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Just ask not to play WYSIWYG, only a jerk would really say no to a beginner in a friendly game, I don't do WYSIWYG, and if someone says
" NO YOU HAVE A FLAMER CUS UR MODEL HAS ONE",

I dont play them, because i hate people like that; and if i spent 2 hours with them i would be the one wielding a flamer

-and i would shortly be going to prison.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Just waiting on the new Plastic Daemon Prince since I really don't have the patience to convert a metal one (and I really...REALLY hate metal models that are big).
Same.. >.> I'm pretty crap at modelling.. I found the Daemon Prince ... OK, took me 3 days to build lmao

I warn you, Obliterators are so fucking hard to build... So many tiny metal bits, It literally drove me insane :|

Sorry for double post :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my Obliterator together just fine I think, I used a SM terminator head though with green stuff to make skin stretch from it to his body. I also did a few more bits of stretched skin on his arms/shoulders to help hold them on. I don't trust super glue alone to hold together an Obliterator.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
God-damn... Why am i the only guy in the world who is crap at modelling!!

Would love to see that, show some pics! :D Or put it in a thread in the modelling area, i'm always there, i love looking at the nice stuff :pPP

But yes... Army Lists

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Too continue off topic but I too hate the oblits! Although have just picked up 3 of the oop old school oblits :) happy days! Like ROT i think it would be fair enough in the situation to 'count as' Plasma guns are good but keep them on the PM's! I know you're pushing for a black legion force but you gotta get some PM's they are awesome! keep the possessed for now as your just starting! Its a learning curve! But I would look at geting some more troops! They are invaluable due to objectives and chaos are quite blessed in having some awesome troops!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I know you are struggling for more models at the moment. But one thing I see at first glance looking at your list is a lord in terminator armour..

He has no unit to accompany him and no transport to move him around. At this points level stick with the daemon prince and invest the points elsewhere..

I too hate modelling obliterators and I have nine of them.. just add green stuff and those metal bits stop falling off...

:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same.. >.> I'm pretty crap at modelling.. I found the Daemon Prince ... OK, took me 3 days to build lmao
Only 3 days? For me it took the best part of a week! Yeah, it was my first metal model but still, it took a lot longer than expected.

On topic, either take the Oblit out or throw another 1 or 2 in because otherwise, he's just a big target sitting on the table barely moving. Also, get rid of the possessed unless you wanna put them in a rhino, give them a mark and make one of them an asp. champion. One last thing, give the chosen a mark if possible, either MoK or MoN. Other than that, it seems like a pretty solid list. And if you wanna beef it up to closer to 1500, upgrade the Rhinos a bit more, give them EA and maybe a Havoc Launcher.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
The thing is Jondoe, if your confident enough, You dont really need to hold objectives...

What i do is stick my Objectives in their Half and just go about it as a normal Anihilation, because if i wipe them out, it means i will have a troop choice on an objective, because they would have had to have contested a squad on an objective :>

So the army really depends on the tactics, Plague marines would ultimately be irrelevant to my army, maybe the same with his.

but if your not so confident, Plague Marines are #1 And Black Legion have Squad of all cults, Abaddon wanted that, Abaddon got that ^-^ And i Like his style. :D

Only 3 days? For me it took the best part of a week! Yeah, it was my first metal model but still, it took a lot longer than expected.

I think i managed to get like, the legs stuck together, left it to dry for 12 hours, then did the body, left to dry over night, so on. Worked quite well..

Mind you, one of those hench-flesh-shoulder-whatever-the-fuck-they-are-bits has come loose :( and my sword is always falling off XD. Super Glue is shit. :)

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Aah ROT a very aggresive style! Which is how I play too! I just love PM's so very useful! In my most recent games I have finished most games in their half and/or deployment zone but I just find troops more flexible and useful tatically!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Considering you are short on models...I think this seems pretty solid. I do agree with Hesky on the Terminator Lord. He's not going to be rolling with anyone so I think you'd do better to leave him out (once you get more models, of course).

I have to disagree with Scott about adding a mark to the Chosen. They are pretty much just going to come into play...bust something up...and die right after. But they are damned good at doing that. I personally keep mine exactly as you have yours. But again, if you're trying to beef up points, I might add MoN to make them harder to kill.

It looks like you have gotten a Battleforce. What do you think about getting another one? Vanilla CSMs and Beserkers are great, and plus you get a Rhino. I could do without the Possessed, but other than that, I love Chaos' Battleforce. I'd say if you were to purchase another of those and 2 more Oblits, you'd have a pretty decent mid level list with plenty of troops to play around with. Good luck!

·
Registered
483 Posts
That being said, I think your list would benefit from using normal Chaos Space marines, rather than The Khorne, So thats some food for thought, wait and see what others think.[/QUOTE]

Hail,

Methinks you should expose your neck so that my chainaxe can offer up your skull to our Lord Khorne. Such Blastphemy!

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
HQ
Daemon Prince with Wings, Mark of Slaanesh and Lash of Submission - 155 pts

Elites
5 Chosen with Meltaguns and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 175 pts

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines with Aspiring Champ, Power Fist, 2 Plasma Guns, Icon of Chaos Glory and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 265 pts
10 Chaos Space Marines with Aspiring Champ, Power Fist, 2 Flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory and dedicated Rhino (No upgrades) - 245 pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers with Skull Champ, Power Fist and dedicated Rhino with Extra Armor - 258 pts

Heavy Support
Obliterator - 75 pts
Obliterator - 75 pts

Total: 1248 pts
Updated the list after thinking on it over night, I think it's still good and it's been bumped up to 1250ish . I really don't like the idea of using the other cult troops and I don't want to drop the Berzerkers, I know from personal experience when I played Dark Angels they aren't to be underestimated.

And yea, I got a battleforce but I don't think I'd buy another, more Berzerkers then I know what to do with and more Possessed I won't seriously use in future. Right now my next lot of purchases (after the DP) when I can will be the CSM squad, a third rhino, a vindicator kit to make an extra armor rhino and the second Obliterator.

Assuming the updated list is good.

Edit: If I can get more meltaguns I'll kit all the CSM with them, but right now my fear is I fluke a swarmy army whenever I play.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts