Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to get back into the game recently (I used to play Dark Angels AGES ago) but I'm sort of out of the loop with new rules and the such. I'm on a budget but I did my best for a Chaos beginner, I'm going to convert the Possessed into Chosen (using Dark Angel vet robes I have and possessed arms as power weapons/claws) since I heard Possessed are too unreliable. My only worry is AV, I can't outfit my Chosen with Meltas or I'd go that extra yard for another Rhino, though I'm pretty sure the Obliterators will cover it.

Either way, critique would be nice if I'm doing something wrong. I got a feeling this force COULD be less expensive and that I've overspent.

HQ
Chaos Lord with terminator Armor, lightning claws, Mark of Khorne - 140 pts

Elites
4 Chosen with power weapons + Aspiring Champ with lightning claws - 180 pts

Troops
7 Berzerkers + Skull Champ with power fist and meltabombs, Dedicated Rhino (no upgrades) - 248 pts
11 CSMs with plasma gun, heavy bolter, Icon of Chaos Glory + Aspiring Champ with power weapon - 245 pts
11 CSMs with plasma gun, heavy bolter, Icon of Chaos Glory + Aspiring Champ with power weapon - 245 pts

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators - 150 Pts

Total Points: 1208

Edit: I'm not THAT competitive, but I don't want to get smashed all the time lol

·
4,491 Posts
I've decided to get back into the game recently (I used to play Dark Angels AGES ago) but I'm sort of out of the loop with new rules and the such. I'm on a budget but I did my best for a Chaos beginner, I'm going to convert the Possessed into Chosen (using Dark Angel vet robes I have and possessed arms as power weapons/claws) since I heard Possessed are too unreliable. My only worry is AV, I can't outfit my Chosen with Meltas or I'd go that extra yard for another Rhino, though I'm pretty sure the Obliterators will cover it.

Either way, critique would be nice if I'm doing something wrong. I got a feeling this force COULD be less expensive and that I've overspent.

HQ
Chaos Lord with terminator Armor, lightning claws, Mark of Khorne - 140 pts
Generally Daemon Princes are more effective than Lords. For a couple of extra points you get a massive boost in stats, plus access to psychic powers.

Elites
4 Chosen with power weapons + Aspiring Champ with lightning claws - 180 pts
Chosen are generally better off with Meltaguns, Plasmaguns, or Flamers, and in a Rhino for the extra range when outflanking.

Troops
7 Berzerkers + Skull Champ with power fist and meltabombs, Dedicated Rhino (no upgrades) - 248 pts
Looks good. Id drop the Meltabombs and give the Rhino Extra Armour.
Id drop the squad down to 10 (preferably drop the Heavy Bolter), and give the Aspiring Champion a Power Fist rather than a Power Weapon, and mount them in a Rhino. Dont forget to add 2 Meltaguns, Plasmaguns, or Flamers to the unit, depending on what your local metagame is like.
Same as above.

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators - 150 Pts
Excellent. Make sure to run them in 2 separate units so they can fire independently. Combine them together if you are playing kill points.

Total Points: 1208
Overall, not too bad.
Needs a few minor changes, but its a good start.:good:

·
Registered
26 Posts
One think that stands out is a lack of transport, most of your army is footslogging, with the amount of firepower available now, you will be lucky to get into contact with your opponet in favourable terms
check this this link out it will probably help:
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49335

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty for the advice. I'm sort of running with what I can get for now so I won't be able to get a hold of more transport for awhile, so I figure I should be fine if I'm just playing games to learn the rules etc. again.

I should be able to kit my Chosen with Meltas since I'll have spare parts from dropping down to 10 Chaos Marines a squad, but again no transport will be an issue.

·
Registered
941 Posts
you might want to give the chosen a nother man with a IoK and have them be in asquad with the lord, then drop the zerkers for 10 CSMs with 2x meltas, with the chosen and the lord you have good CC, and with the CSMs you have some moderate firepower, hope this helps!:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts