Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I got suckered into playing in an escalation league. The big problem is I loned my main army to a friend in another state and he is gone for a few months so I have to make up an army from the left over bits and pieces. Every army I will be facing is Marines of some kind. Space Wolves, Chaos Marines, Blood Angels, Black Templars and regular marines.

Big Mek KFF/Eavy Armor
War Boss pk, heavy armor, cybork

Troops 1: 25 shoota boyz,nob pk, bp
Troops 2: Deff Dred with 2 Kustom Mega Blastas
Troops 3: 25 Sluggas Boyz with Nob with Power Klaw and Boss Pole

Elites
8 Lootas

Heavy Support
Deff Dred with 2 Kustom Mega Blastas
Killa Kanx3 Rokkits
Killa Kansx3 Rokkits
Total 1200 points

I have some other things that I can swap out so any suggestions are greatly appreciated since these are all experienced tournament players I will need to hit them hard.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The essential structure is solid, but deff dread with 2 KMBs seems like kind of a waste to me with their bs 2. I mean, on average a deff dread has to spend 3 turns shooting at marines in order for the KMBs to pay for themselves. But, if you don't have any Kans to swap them out with, it's a solid choice. Also, I find grotzookas to be highly effective against even marines. Not that you really want to give up any of your rokkit kans here, but if you swapped a deff dread for 3 grotzooka kans I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results. It is not unusual for me to shoot a small well spread out SM squad with grotzookas and get 3 kills (each grotzooka reliably generating about 2 hits for a total of about 6 hits.) On a larger or more densely packed squad, it is truly devastating. And, because you're not relying on AP for marine kills, it works regardless of cover.

Something you may want to watch for will be your lootas. They're a little vulnerable at that size, but throwing a heap of Orks in your opponent's face will give them other more pressing concerns.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I normally would not take KMB's but for some reason the AP2 scares the heck out space marine players never mind that I don't hit anything but they spend a lot of time trying to take them out. I do have rokkits that I can put on the dreads but I don't have anymore killa kans. I am big fan of the grotzookka as well so I may swap out a squad.

I'm not expecting to much from the lootas at this size. I will increase thier size when it goes up to 1500 points. I was thinking about dropping the KFF and taking the mek with a SAG and put him with the lootas to make them more effective.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with Culler on the KMB

I would remove the Warboss and put in another KFF B. Mek
2 KFF's is awesome(your opponent wont think so)

i plan to make the -2 KFF, 9 Kan, 2 Dread, as many boyz as will fit-list soon as my stompa 's are finished

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so i need to add 300 points to the above list. What to add?

I can't subtract from what is already on there only add so I can't drop anything.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Filling out your lootas and boyz mobs would take 165 points. Then you could add in a small squad of kommandos (Snikrot, 5 Kommandos) for 130, a small boyz squad for holding objectives (15 boyz, PK nob), or 9 more lootas which you can make into 2 units of 12.

I'm thinking of all the options above filling out the boyz mobs and adding a bunch of lootas may be my favorite. Other things you might consider would be to add in a cheap gretchin unit for holding objectives and meat shielding (15-19 gretchin and a runtherd is an absolute bargain) and/or throwing some more equipment on your warboss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts