Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a game coming up at 1100pts. I have came up with 2 different lists and maybe a change of options here or there as well. Well, lets get to it:

List 1

HQ - Captain with Relic Blade & Digital Weapons - 140pts
Command Squad - 1 Apothacary w Plasma Pistol, 1 Company Champion, 1 w Power Fist, 2 with Power Weapons (1 has melta bombs), Rhino - 240pts

Troop 1 - Tactical Squad with 5 additional. Sgt. with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol. 1 Plasma Gun. 1 Plasma Cannon. Rhino - 260pts

Troop 2 - Tactical Squad with 5 additional. Sgt. with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol. 1 Plasma Gun. 1 Plasma Cannon. Rhino - 260pts

Troop 3 - Scouts with Camo Cloaks, Sniper Rifles and 1 Heavy Bolter - 100pts

Fast Attack 1 - Attack Bike with Multi Melta - 50pts

Fast Attack 2 - Attack Bike with Multi Melta - 50pts

1100/1100pts

List 2

HQ - Librarian in Term Armor with Storm Bolter - 130pts

Elite - Assault Terminators - 200pts

Troop 1 - Tactical Squad with 5 additional. Sgt. with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol. 1 Plasma Gun. 1 Plasma Cannon. Rhino - 260pts

Troop 2 - Tactical Squad with 5 additional. Sgt. with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol. 1 Plasma Gun. 1 Plasma Cannon. Rhino - 260pts

Heavy - Land Raider - 250pts

1100/1100pts

My main opponent is platoon heavy Guard, very minimal mech. List 1 would have the scouts sit on home objective while the 3 rhinos rush across the board and the attack bikes pick out what mech he does have. List 2 would have me combat squad the tactical squads and leave the 2 plasma cannons at home have the Land Raider (he uses alot of Autocannons, and str 7 can't do shit to it) with terms and Lib create a spear to split my opponent in half and then put the 2 rhinos on one side to combine assault to take out the stragglers while the terms deal with the rest. I was probably thinking of taking the flame template spell for the lib as I can also insure that he will keep his guys in cover.

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome as at 1100pts, there are a lot of options.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first lists were using Codex Marines, this list is from my DA codex.

List 3 - Pure Deathwing Option

HQ - Belial 130pts with Twin Lightning Claws

Troop 1 - Deathwing Terminators, Sgt. With sword and Storm Bolter, 1 Twin Lightning Claw, 1 Power Fist and Storm Bolter, 1 Chain Fist and Storm Bolter, 1 Power Fist and Assault Cannon - 255pts

Troop 2 - Deathwing Terminators, 4 Twin Lightning Claws, 1 Hammer and Storm Shield - 215pts

Heavy 1 - Land Raider Crusader - 250pts

Heavy 2 - Land Raider - 250pts

1100/1100pts

This list feels kinda dirty though as no one I'm up against really has anything to combat 1 LR let alone 2.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
personally id drop the attack bikes in order to get a dakka pred in there.

im not a big fan of the plasma guns so id just go with the good flamer & ML combo id also go with some RAS squads with a power weapon & flamer (at 125 points in a 5 man squad its killy) if you can squeeze that many points out

and if the IG opponent runs lots of platoons why not have a devastator squad with 4 HBs or 4 ML frag put four frag missiles at him and im sure that he wont save all of them.

in the 2nd list id drop the tact squads for scout squads thatd give you 320 (at least) points which id put in 2 vindicators (basic) thatd leave you with 90 points left so a 5 man tact squad; upgrades; or whatever else you can squeeze in there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts