Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've joined an escalation league and it is the second round. The first round was mostly rule-learning so this is the first army I've actually spent time on. Does it make sense?

I had a very hard time trying to figure out whether or not to include the sorcerer. I felt I needed the BSB since the 1/3 chance of running with my huge block is bad. And then I needed a general and I could either do a chaos lord, or the sorcerer. I decided to do the sorcerer and beaf up everything else but the alternative was a chaos lord and less dogs + upgrades.

===
Total Roster Cost: 1097

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne 244 pts
Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard Bearer

20 Chaos Warriors 358 pts
MoT, Shields, Champion, Banner of Swiftness

Exalted Hero 150 pts
MoT, BSB, Enchanted Shield

Chaos Sorcerer 125 pts
MoT

Gorebeast Chariot 140 pts
MoN

10 Chaos Warhounds 80 pts
Vanguard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they are 2 groups of five. I guess I'm new to the descriptive format.

I played a game against Skaven and got absolutely crushed. Between the ranged attacks and magic the chariot and skullcrushers were significantly battered before they could get into combat. I think I'm going to increase the wizard level, drop the chariot and dogs, and use the remaining points to add a skullcrusher or switch to knights.

-- Henry

·
Registered
483 Posts
At 1100 you won't be able to add another crusher due to your max rare allowance only being 275.

If you drop anything at this point level, drop the BSB and boost the sorc in level and get him some toys. A low lvl sorc I like is:

Lvl 2 Sorc w/ MoT, Disc, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Spell Familiar

Makes him a mobile magic missile platform - 1+ armor save, 4+ ward save, gets 3 spells and channels power/dispel dice on a 5+. Don't forget, MoT also allows you to reroll channel rolls of 1.

Or, if you just want something to soak up that skaven fire:

Lvl 2 Sorc 2/ Mot, Disc, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, 3rd Eye of Tzeentch

1+ armor save, 3+ ward save that you get to reroll 1s. Near indestructible unless you roll a lot of 2s right off the bat.

You could also go the way of a fighty character like the 2nd sorc. Just make it an Exalted Champion and give him Soul Feeder and a great weapon as well for some wound recovering shenanigans!

If you really need to make a hero lvl character survivable, mount him on a daemonic mount. This will make him monstrous cav and you use the best T and W values from the combined models. In this case, you'll have a T5, 3W hero.

Hope that helps some! :victory:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts