Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I haven't played an honest game of 40k in about 4 years and have decided to get back into it with my Necrons. My local game shop is having an escalation league in which we start with one amount of points and are given more points to add to our core army as time elapses. We are starting with 1100 points and I believe we are ending at 2000 in several weeks.

I've been reading through the new codex and have decided to try for a decurion attachment. For the first week I am thinking that I'll just field the Reclamation legion and add to it as additional points are allotted. Here's what I've come up with, any criticism is greatly appreciated:

HQ: Overlord + Res Orb - 105 points
Elites: 5x Lychguard with warscythes - 125 points
Troops: 2x 10 man groups of warriors, one of which has a ghost ark and 5 Immortals - 450 points
Fast Attack: 3x Tomb Blades - 54 Points
Heavy Support: 1x Doom Scythe and 1x Monolith - 360 points

Total: 1094 points

I am considering dropping res orb and getting phylactery.
Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
959 Posts
So the way the Reclamation Legion works is that the units required replaces the traditional army list, forgoing 'elites, troops, etc.' for everything in that block.

To properly field a Decurion detachment (and receive all the bonuses), you need to field the Reclamation Legion and 1 other 'auxiliary' detachment. If you want a Doom Scythe, then you need to field the formation that requires a minimum of two Doom Scythes. The cheapest of these formations is the Flayed One formation, which is just 5 (min) flayed ones.

This is personal opinion, but unless you are really scrapped for points, I would almost always have a Warscythe on the Overlord. That said, I presume you are sticking him with the Lychguard and the Res Orb will definitely help them out if you are forgoing the shields on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts