Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets get straight to it this is a Nurgle list, which im sure you could have worked out anyway. The problem is that im 100pts short, which in a chaos army just mean buffing up some units and adding upgrades, but considering that it's a Nurgle list I think my units are 'buffed' up enough.

C&C welcome

HQ
Demon Prince
Wings
Mark of Nurgle
Warp Time

Elite
5 Terminators
Icon of Nurgle
4 combi-meltas
Heavy flamer
Power fist

Dreadnought
Close Combat arm with Heavy Flamer
Missile Launcher
Extra Armour

Fast Attack
8 Raptors
Icon of Nurgle
Champion with Power fist
2 Melta guns

Troops
8 Plague Marines
2 Plasma guns
Personal Icon

8 Plague Marines
2 Plasma guns
Personal Icon
Rhino

8 Plague Marines
2 flamers
Champion with power fist and personal icon
Rhino

Heavy Support
Defiler
2 extra CC arms

Vindicator
Demonic possesion

5 Havocs
4 Heavy Bolters

=1898

I do realise that the footslogging marines need a rhino but i don't have another:( so they will be walking for the time being.

Im thinking about dropping the champ in the raptor squad and replacing him with a lord with a demon weapon, MoN and jetpack (pretty obvious). I only really want to do that because it would be freaking awesome to see that, but at 170 he is kinda pricey, any thoughts?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
easiest upgrade: more Havocs, and a rhino for them, though you don't have one for them.

why HB on them anyway? do you have ML or LC?

at the very least, give them ablative wounds. i don't know if i'd take a lone Vindie or Defiler. double up on either one.

i wouldn't upgrade the Champ to a Lord unless you're willing to go with MoK, MoS, or MoT, especially if you go with a Daemon Weapon. Nurgle Daemon Weapons blow, IMO, and i'd rather have a higher intiative with LCs or a 4++ save with MoT.

decent list otherwise.

good hunting.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Sticking as close as I could to your original plan with just one major change, I came up with this:

HQ
• Daemon Prince of Nurgle
- Mark of Nurgle; Wings; Warptime
175 points

ELITES
• 7 Plague Terminators
– Icon of Nurgle; heavy flamer and chainfist; 6 combi-meltas
300 points
• Dreadnought - plasma cannon; extra armour
120 points

TROOPS
• 7 Plague Marines
- Plague Champion with powerfist and Personal Icon; 2 plasma guns; Rhino
271 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 plasma guns; Rhino
266 points
• 7 Plague Marines - 2 meltaguns
181 points

FAST ATTACK
• 5 Plague Bikers
- Icon of Nurgle; 2 meltaguns
235 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• Plague Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Plague Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
1,998 points

I kept one Plague Marine squad flootslogging due to your Rhino situation; I swapped out the Raptors for Bikers, since smoke-belching (and T6, let us not forget) bikes have always fitted the Nurgle feel more to me than Raptors flying around.

hth

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Basically Vindicators and Defilers don't work well alone.... So make it either 2x Vindicator or 2x Defiler.

But in your case i think Defilers will suit you more.

Also i tend to stay away from Havocs, and choose Obliterators.

I am a fan of Dreadnoughts, yet i despise Raptors, so if it was me, i'd do as Svart did and sub them for Bikers.

Lastly drop the Marines to 7's; More cost effective that way, cheaper in terms of real money, and most importantly It's Nurgle's number. :mrgreen:

Good Warring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, if you like fun more than serious. Stuff some Lesser daemons in there :D
Because All your enemies hate deepstriking Daemons that doesn't scatter haha

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why HB on them anyway? do you have ML or LC?
ML and LC are pretty scary on havocs, but I prefer the HBs for a cheap and effective dakka unit if you can place them nicely of course.

i wouldn't upgrade the Champ to a Lord unless you're willing to go with MoK, MoS, or MoT, especially if you go with a Daemon Weapon. Nurgle Daemon Weapons blow, IMO, and i'd rather have a higher intiative with LCs or a 4++ save with MoT.
Ya Nurgle got screwed when they were selling the demon weapons. It just would not feel right to put an HQ from another god in the army, I think I will just leave the champ as is.

@ everyone: With regards to doubling up the defiler or the vindicator I don't understand why I would want to do that. Ya I know that the predominant tactic is to have two so that if one falls over you still have another to cover the niche in your army. However if you have one of each you make your opponent choose which he feels is the bigger threat and get him with the other which he may have overlooked in comparison. There is no maths to back up this idea, just an idea.

• 5 Plague Bikers - Icon of Nurgle; 2 meltaguns
Im pro nurgle raptors, not for fluff but for all around ass kickery, but yes T6 is amazing (im being fickle).

• Dreadnought - plasma cannon; extra armour
120 points
I get pretty nervous with a plasma cannon that close to my plague marines, if that dreadnought is having a bad day it's goodbye to armor and feel no pain saves.

Thanks alot guys I will rework the list and post it up tomorrow when I have more time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts