Plasma Gun
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist

4x WG
Terminator Armour x 3
1x Frost Axe + Storm Bolter
1x Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield
1x Storm Bolter + Wolf Claw
1x Power Armour + Power Sword (Leads 5 man GH Pack)

5x Long Fangs
3x Missile Launchers
1x Heavy Bolter

Dreadnought
Missile Launcher
Assault Cannon
Drop Pod

1002 PTS

Played a guard army last night and performed ok, did manage to cause loads of casualties with my terminators who are lead by the battle leader and came down in a drop pod, have changed this around and I'm going to place the dreadnought in there instead. Use the 5 man GH squad to hold any objectives that the 8 man squad manage to capture, they basically follow behind the Rhino and offer support as nessesary. All comments gratfully recieved.:biggrin:

·
Registered
155 Posts
if you like it then it's great.

if it where me id change a lot.
im not sure why your foot slogging terminators, or grey hunters. 5th edition isnt like 3rd edition, transports are worth it.

if your dead set on the terminators you should drop the battle leader and add one model, terminator armor or power and give them a pod with the priest. now you have them in their face and since you have 5 you can buy a special weapon. right now your not really taking advantage of them.

also you dont have any melta. you have very little anti tank at all. there is no reason to put that dread in a pod. missiles and an auto cannon take away the dreadnought cc weapon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Cheers for the input, forgot to mention that my rune priest has a combi melta, also I knew I was gonna be playing a guard army so was faily confident my Termies would survive a while, for that game they also came into play in my drop pod, so were in my opponents face quite quickly much to his dismay:grin:. Long fangs did ok, managed to get rid of his Valkery in short order and my 8 man grey hunters managed to contest and objective at the end so all good. 5 man grey hunters with a power fist coupled with rune priest with combi melta and WG with power weapon were quite effective at tank busting as well, although they didnt survive to see thier damage.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Death or glory

Hi

Yeah you are right mate, I tend to see where the bulk of my opponents force is and just go for it, if I survive then the glory and the objectives are mine.:)

For Russ and the All Father

1 - 5 of 5 Posts