Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well here it is, first list ive written in a while.

its for a tournament comming in a couple of weeks, i'll be facing all sorts, inc; blood angels, 'nilla marines, tau, orks, nids, chaos and most likely sisters and eldar.
i'll give a breakdown of proposed tactics after the list

company command squad - moo, missile launcher, grenade launcher, vox

veteran squad - harker, heavy bolter, chimera (hull heavy bolter, turret multi-laser, heavy stubber)

platoon 1
platoon command squad - 3 flamers, vox, chimera (hull heavy flamer, turret heavy bolter)
infantry squad - vox, grenade launcher
infantry squad - vox, grenade launcher

platoon 2
platoon command squad - 3 grenade launchers, vox
infantry squad - vox, lascannon
infantry squad - vox, lascannon

storm trooper squad - plasma gun, +1 storm trooper

scout sentinel - missile launcher

so, tactics;
-company command squad - will be used to create as much collateral damage as possable, with it throwing down a large blast and 2 small blasts, assuming it stayed still, also the grenade launcher and missile launcher allows it to handle tanks.

-vet squad - will sit further back not moving alot so it can bring its 4 heavy bolters to bear to chew up any 4+ saves that may be lurking.

-platoon 1 command squad - razz around in the chimera burning up any large units of boyz/gaunts i see.

- infantry squads platoon 1 - they will be performing 'operation: meat sheild'. sitting up front getting raped, the grenade launcher is for good luck

- platoon 2 command squad - blow more holes in large bunches of enimies, or tougher models, should the occasion arise

- infantry squads platoon 2 - sit back taking pot shots at tanks where possible, at 1000pts i shouldn't see many land raiders, vindis at best.

-storm troopers - deep strike in behind devistators or battlesuits for easy kills, what with ap3 and the plasma gun for more kick. extra guy for 10 shots on the double tap.

- scout sentinels - deployed seporately as squadrens suck donkey balls. used to harass large mobs/ vehicles.

please could you guys give it the once over and tell me what you think?
all replies are appriciated, and useful comments will be awarded rep ofcourse :D

p.s. no russ varients because i dont own any :(

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
By far the most effective and versatile Chimera build is the ML/HF, especially when so many IG lists are Mech ones, and Chimeras are kept mobile to perform drive-by shootings. By taking away the ML you're minimising its usefulness against a wider range of targets, transports mainly.
Basically you want Hull HF's on mobile Units and HB's on units that are staying back at range and acting as static firebases. Double HB's is ok against Eldar and not a lot else, and double HF's just means that to use both against a target you have to not move, but you have to move to get within the template's short range which means you can only fire 1 HF. Plus not many opponents are going to hang around and keep any units in range of your immobile 2 - template Chimera for a whole turn.

I like Harker but you are paying a lot for his movement abilities and +1 Cover Saves (infiltrate, move through cover, stealth) so he's already fast moving and safer but you've spent his total in points again to give them a Chimera. So really you could just take a standard Vet Squad, give them a Chimera and save the points for Harker...still has similar movement capability but a lot cheaper.

I think you would get a lot more killy-ness out of Harker's Unit if you took some SW's or even the Demolitions Doctrine...make use of their speed/ability to get close to a juicy target.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hey, thanks for the input man

i will look into changing around some chimera weapons tomoro (2.30am here :'( )

im not really using harker for his mobility, but more for the heavy bolter he brings, and the stealth for hiding in the chimera's inevitable wreckage. ive used this unit before and to great effect, murdering 8 fire warriors in one turn once was deffinately a high point, and not to be sniffed at. haha

EDIT: ok, changed heavy bolter turret on harkers to multi laser and the hull heavy flamer on the other chimera to a heavy bolter.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
EDIT: ok, changed heavy bolter turret on harkers to multi laser and the hull heavy flamer on the other chimera to a heavy bolter.
Typical you with your Multi Laser love :p

Dont you think your going a bit to heavy on your Grenade Launchers?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Typical you with your Multi Laser love :p

Dont you think your going a bit to heavy on your Grenade Launchers?
1 multilaser and 3 grenade lunchers in 1000pts insnt heavy :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts