Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK i Changed some of the guy so how does this sound.
HQ
Chapter Master with relic blade

Heavy
Thunder fire
Predator

Troops
10Tactical With PG and PC

10-Tactical with MG, MB,ML,Sgt has Combi-PG,PW

Razorback with Twin-linked Las

Dread naught with assault cannon

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here's something to consider.. Drop one thunder fire cannon and your captains master status, purchase a powerfist and utilize the flamer for one tac squad, add in a razorback with twin linked lascannons, then put half of that tac and the hq in the razorback and go hunting, leaving the missile launcher and rest of that tactical squad to add some fire support.

i'd also consider giving the scouts a missile launcher as it's cheap and dropping the power weapon from the second tac squad where they either won't see the action or won't perform when in close combat.

take em or leave em, there just thoughts, good luck man.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
drop the pred to an autocannon / las pred...

get your tact squads rhinos, its basically a must.

i find that scouts are a waste of points, they cant hurt anything with reliability id drop them for a couple of attack bikes with meltas (if you can find the other points)

id also drop the 2nd thunder fire but i havent had much success with them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I find that assault scouts work better than sniper scouts. I go with 5 in a storm with a combi melta and PF. Great for hunting vehicles or shooty units.

At 1000 points I think 2 tac squads are enough. I would place a mg in the forward squad listed above in the razorback. Keep the relic blade on the chapter master for the I5, if you want a fist give it to the SGT, otherwise run with a PW on the sgt and a combie flamer. This is your "assault" unit in a razorback. Set the other half of the squad on the obg with the missile launcher.

The second squad go with a ML or LC and a razorbcack with either TLLC or LC/TLPG.

If my math is right you should have the same list minus the scouts and about 25 points left. Add a SS to you commander and call it good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd take of a fire cannon and further better equip your units. I think having ten man units would be essential in this case. I would also put sgts with powerfists to protect them

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
So I think the real question here is what kind of list do you want to run.... Lots of small units, firepower heavy, tough rock unit, etc... Once you have that figured out, you can build the list around it...

For example, with Space Wolves I might focus on firepower with lots of small, points efficient units... So for me, a 1K list might look like - Rune Priest (LL/MH), 4x GH Razorback Squads, 3 Typhoon Speeders w/ MM.... Or, I might take a Rune Priest, 2x GH Razorback Squads, 3 rifleman Dreads, and two speeders.... etc... the key is to determine what kind of force you want to run and plan around it.

Based off of your list above, I don't see that focus...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts