Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't played a game of 40k in 2 years and I stopped playing Orks before the most recent codex,

but i signed myself up for a tournament and plan to get my Orks of boxes in the basement, I've been looking through the codex and came up with a list that i think would be fun to play, as well as having a decent chance in winning something at the tournament, but who knows I could be totally wrong

I'm using things that i already have for this tourny, and dont have any "new" models anyways (Gorkanaut, flashgitz, mek gunz)

Normal BRB detatchment
150 Zhadsnark

220 Bikerz x 10 -Nob -PK/BP
184 Bikerz x 8 -Nob -PK/BP
166 Bikerz x 7 -Nob -PK/BP

140 Loota's x 10 -Mek
140 Loota's x 10 -Mek

1000pts

Plan is to shoot stuff and avoid close combat, when a unit is engaged in CC i will attempt to support it with the other biker squadz

I could also change it to have 3 units of 10 Loota's and 2 units of bikerz (at 10 and 9 models)

OR

3 units of Bikerz (12/12/7 models) and a single unit of 12 Loota's

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
In most tournaments speed kills. So I would go with more fast stuff than shooty stuff. If you could get a pain boy into a bike squad to ride with Zhad. I would make 3 squads. 14/10/7 models. I would get rid of the lootas all together because really by turn 2 you should be in CC with everything so I would go for either stormboyz or buggies or a trukk or battle wagon loaded with tank bustas if you want some good firepower.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd say that at a 1000 points, that's pretty strong and mobile. It'd certainly be straightforward to play, and those loot as will definitely be a painful distraction unit that can take down most things. I've even knocked a number of Hull off a knight before now.
Are there likely to be superheavies allowed? If so, a unit of tankbustas will definitely help, if not I'd stick to the lootas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tested the list as written today VS Necrons almost tabled him, (first game in 2 years) he had 2 units of immortals, some other unit on foot with staffs and the warlord, 1 large tank thing with STR 10 shots and 2 smaller tank things, i know not the best description

I'm not sure that the plan of being in CC turn 2 is the greatest idea, the DakkaGunz have STR 5, and Orks STR 3

I move into 18" range and shoot from there, i do have a PainBoss on bike and will look at adding him to the list, although i was thinking about adding a B. Mek w/ KFF cause if i face ignores cover weapons I'm screwed, Zhad's 2+ cover from turbo boosting is amazing

Super Heavies are allowed I think, don't have many tankbusta's they had terrible rules before (had to shoot at any tank in their sight, even if out of range) I'm going to start building again soon

EDIT: after thinking about it more i see how a Painboss helps more than the KFF
Painboss gives FnP which is taken after saves
KFF gives an Invul. save which could be used instead of cover or armour

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah a painboss on a bike is a good thing. Tankbustas don't suck now they can shoot at whatever they want and bomb squigs hit on a 2+. If lootas work for you good then use them. Mine can't hit the broad side of the barn. I agree that shooting them is the best way to do it. I am also going to build a biker list and I want to see how you do with yours. I would par the bikes with some grot tanks armed with grotzookas 2 Str 6 blast from each tank is deadly. Plus they are fast and can keep up with the bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts