Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there.

I haven't played 40k since 5th ed, however this year I have decided to finally start up a new army. I'm not too savvy with what is good and how everything meshes together. I have created a fluffy Fire Angels list with a small allied detachment of Sororitas.

Primary Detachment: Space Marines (Ultramarines chapter tactics)

Librarian
Mastery level 2, force sword, meltabombs
95pts

5 Tactical Marines
Flamer
Razorback
Twin linked heavy bolters
130pts

5 Tactical Marines
Flamer
Razorback
Twin linked heavy bolters
130pts

5 Sternguard
5 combi meltas
Drop pod
205pts

5 Devastators
4 missile launchers
150pts

710pts

Allied Detachment: Adepta Sororitas

Priest
25pts

5 Battle Sisters
Flamer, heavy flamer
Immolator
Multimelta
135pts

7 Seraphim
2 Pairs of hand flamers, Meltabombs
130pts

290pts

Grand total: 1000pts

Pretty straightforward. Librarian with Sternguard, priest with battle sisters.
Libby and Sternguard drop in where appropriate and cause mayhem, marines stay in Razorbacks and sit on objectives. Sisters generally run round and burninate things, seraphim for taking out artillery or stragglers as well as assaulting tanks if nessecary. Devs sit on the backline. I will be using ultramarine chapter tactics, and should be able to make pretty good use of them with my array of units.

I would appreciate tips! Is there anything I am doing majorly wrong? A lot of the unit selections are based on what I have and for fluff reasons. As a side note, noone I will play against at this level locally will be using flyers, so that isn't a concern (although I may add an avenger strike fighter if I increase this list to 1.5k one day).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts