1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is the other half that will be used in the doubles tournament

The taus side will focus more on heavy units, flyers and tanks
The blood Angels will focus on regular infantry
Here's the tau side: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186074

Sanguinary priest- jump pack, valors edge, melta bombs, bolt pistol
(Rides with the sanguinary guard, buffs them the way priests do)
Chaplain- jump pack
(Rides with the deathcompany, buffs them the way chaplains do)

x2 5man tactical squads- lascannons
(Supplementary anti tank)

10man sanguinary guard squad- x2 axes
(Runs at powered armoured stuff ideally, murders)

10man death company squad- jump packs, x2 power fists
(Runs at stuff, murders)

Tactical squads are set really... I'll be picking up a box so I'm limited to 10mwn of whatever they are
Sanguinary guard are set with 2 axes, there as much cos they're shiny and me likey :p
Chaplain could be a librarian, if that would be better
Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Chaplain could be a librarian
The Librarian could be better, if you get the right powers and then consistently manage to cast them with one Mastery Level point against whatever your opponents bring. When it comes to DC I've been running them alone or with Astorath, more often by themselves since I've been using my old metal Lemartez as a proxy and I'm not so down with that.

Sanguinary guard are set with 2 axes
It irks me pretty hard that the set only comes with three swords and two axes. I love the way the axes look and want to use them elsewhere...but I can't even arm my SG with four swords and a fist without trying to model something more ornate than I feel I should have to after buying a $40 box. At least I have some long fancy swords from some GK kits I can use the blades from...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had some power swords knocking around from the 4 DC kits I've collected for assault marines that I used :p
For librarians it's safe to assume I get exactly what I DON'T want :cray: but I can certainly do that- Libby had a P.Sword and bolt pistol (and jump pack)

Hat do you think of the tactical squads? I was debating what weapon to give, wether plasma, guns would be better or something else

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Chaplain guarantees a buff only on the charge, a Priest's FnP is wasted on DC, and a Libby is too random to count on. None of these things overly appeal to me when thinking of who to attach to a DC squad, I typically throw those points elsewhere in my lists. Given the Baal Strikeforce Detachment and Codex buffs on the charge I've been leaving my DC alone and buffing other squads that need it more instead.

I play my Tactical squads in Rhinos at this point level, though foot slogging I can see why you'd want to keep a heavy weapon on them. I always take a Melta Gun and on the occasion I do add in a heavy it's the Heavy Flamer. If I were to play as close to the same list you are here I would drop the Chaplain and change the Lascannons down to Meltas, spending those points on a Chapter Banner and Power Fist for the Sanguinary Guard and Rhinos for the Tactical squads. Alternately, you could run Heavy Flamers in the Tactical squads if you feel like you have anti-armour covered (same point cost).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the sanguinary guard are pretty much fixed as they are :(
I could make a guy with fist or banner but not painted as well in the time frame I have
I defiantly see where your coming from with the DC, so where should I spend the 100ish points from the chaplain?
I'm concerned a dreadnought might not survive the walk and I own precious little things that aren't assault marines at this point :p

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
He'll work good for you, that's just what I would change. The only other thing I could see his points making up would be to grab a 10 man Tactical squad and a 5 man Scout squad, but you don't really need Scouts. I guess there's also an auto/las Predator that's 100 points, or Multi-Melta Attack Bikes.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
None of which I own I'm afraid :cray:
Thanks for the advice, it's not meant to be a properly competitive tournament and if it turns out to be one I won't be best pleased with my bro :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts