-x15

Daemonettes
-x20

Fiends of Slaanesh
-x3

Soul Grinder
-Nurgle
-Phlegm

I have something from each of the gods because the bloodletters will come out of the portal glyph.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Lord of change would benefit more froman additional MLv or a Greater reward. If he has the grimoire he cant use it on himself and I don't see a use for it in this list. Maybe give him the portal glyph so he can fly and drop it in a better place quickly rather than the Herald having to run for three turns to get into position.

Herald is good but I would drop any rewards on him. he is there for divination and to +1 strength to ur horrors.

Add 1 more Horror so u at least start at full firing capacity.

Daemonettes are good but they and the fiends seem very lonely when it comes to cc if its just them.

Soulgrinder is awesome.

You mentioned using bloodletters on ur portal? why? u get 1-6 and in those small numbers they wont do anything. with the portal either use horrors as they still get their minimum 2D6 shots even if only one comes out, or Plaguebearers for decent last minute objective holding.

If you do want something khorne I would recommend swapping the nurgle soulgrinder to a khorne one (to save points if u must though Nurgle is the better god for them) and then using plaguebearers to pop out ur portal glyph so nurgle is present. With the saved points you should be able to get some more horrors and/or an additional MLv for ur Lord of Change.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Honestly, as I see it, there is only one unit worth generating from the Portalglyph: Horrors, since no matter how few are in the unit they still shoot as if there were 10 of them. Even if you only generate one Horror, he can still shot Flickering Fire with gusto. Whereas a few bloodletters aren't going to do a little before they get gunned down or die to combat/daemonic instability. They can't even charge the turn they appear, whereas Horrors can shoot.

Like Duskan says, I would switch who is holding the Portalglyph and the Grimoire--the LoC can't cast it on himself, whereas the Herald can cast it on everyone in his unit except himself, and the LoC can dart forward to drop the Portal wherever he wants on T1.

I would definitely buy the Daemonettes an Instrument, then DS them and the Fiends together. Somehow fitting in another Horror to have max strength Horrors would be nice too (drop one daemonette?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the feed back. Here is the list taking some of your suggestions in mind:

999pts

Lord of Change
-Exalted Reward
(Portal Glyph)

Herald of Tzeench
-Locus of Conjuration
-Psyker lvl 2

Horrors
-x16

Daemonettes
-x20

Fiends of Slaanesh
-x4

Soul Grinder
-Nurgle
-Phlegm

Depending on how i like the portalglyph i might swap it out for a greater and lesser reward on the LOC, for the staff on the lesser and something else. The instrument is an interesting idea that i will consider after playing with the army a few times to see if its worth trying to squeeze in there. I beefed up the fiends by adding 1 more to the unit, but i could drop it for some rewards on the LOC and an instrument for the daemonettes.

I decided to drop the grimoire, but i think i might miss it. It seems like it is alot better with fateweaver, but i feel like he isnt worth taking in 1000pts.

If i bump it up to 1500pts i would like to add fateweaver and a pimpedout tzeench daemon prince. I was also thinking that chaos space marine allies with a sorc leading a 10 strong unit of 10kSons benefitting off of the divination of the tzeench heralds would be strong and thematic.
Would a small unit of screamers or nurglings be good for this list?

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you were to expand i would recommend desideing if ur going for a shooty army or an assault army. atm uve got decent ranged with a bit of cc. i would recommend a squad of Plague Drones with 3+ poison and champ with ap2 etherblade. they would keep up with ur fiends and daemonettes and would provide an Anvil to their (Glass) Hammer. I would also throw in another vehicle to pair with ur Soulgrinder. I recommend a skull cannon to again back up ur daemonettes and fiends when they charge into cover.

Fateweaver is very good when paired with a Tzeentch Daemon Prince (Hvy support with Fateweaver) when the Prince has the Grimoire. This gives Fateweaver a 2++ re-rollable save and his one re-roll a turn means u should almost always get the decent effect. Just make sure u give ur prince armour so he gets a decent save too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after expanding my collection a little bit here is a 1500 point army im trying out;

Fateweaver

Daemon Prince
-Tzeench
-Armor
-Wings
-Psyker lvl 2 (Biomancy)
-Exalted Reward

Herald of Tzeench
-Locus of Conjuration
-Psyker lvl 2

Fiends of Slaanesh
-x5

Horrors
-x17

Daemonettes
-x20
-Icon

Plaguebearers
-x10

Soul Grinder
-Nurgle
-Phlegm

Plaguebearers and Fiends deep strike in, Fateweaver and the Demon Prince fly around and distract from the Daemonettes so they can get up the board and have the fiends come in of the icon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts