Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my first post of an army list here, as well as my first post, I'd like thoughts on my current 1000pt army list.

Chaos Lord 175
Jump pack, Melta Bombs, Mark of Khorne, Demon Weapon, Combi-melta

Thousand Sons 329
8 Sons
Sorcerer, Bolt of Change, Melta Bombs
Rhino, Demonic Possession

Noise Marines 260
7 Marines
Sonic Blaster, Blastmaster
Champion, Melta Bombs, Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, Power Weapon

Raptors 235
6 raptors, Icon of Tzeentch, Flamer, Meltagun
Champion, Power Fist

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Errr, Simple thing, If it was me... The Biggest hater of raptors ever...

I'd swap the Lord for a Daemon Prince, and the Raptors for Something like ~3 Obliterators.

Don't think you have enough Heavy Support, Your Thousand sons wastes most Troops and elites, noise marines are alright, I'd probably recommend you Plague marines instead, then the heavy support as said before.

Good Warring :wild:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about a demon prince(because my lord has this bad habit of killing himself with his demon weapon.), but alas I don't have one right now, but looking back on it a demon prince seems to be the way to go.

I love my raptors to death, but I see the wisdom of swapping them for Obliterators. As for the Sons, although they take a chunk of my points, the store I play at has a power armor(Necrons, SM, CSM, DH, SoB) obsession it seems, and the Sons have proved their worth many times.

Thank you for your opinion Rot.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
No i mean, Keep the TSons, they completely waste Troops, waste as in wreck them, utterly anihilate... Essex Slang emerging there. :biggrin:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh....Reading back on that I get it now( I should really read more carefully). I kinda thought it was odd that the Sons weren't popular >.> silly me. Sorry about that Rot

I still love my raptors( as no one at my store uses them, thus they always surprise people), they fly with my Lord and ride side by side with the Sons, I use them to crack the shell of transports, while the Sons load out and gun down those silly marines.

If I did change the Lord out for a prince, what kind should I use? The other Chaos player at my store uses a Winged Lash prince.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I'm biased against Lash princes for 2 reasons;

Everyone uses them, and it's slaanesh (Being a Khorne player, i naturally hate slaanesh)

I usually run a Prince as a simple;

Wings, Warptime combo; Occasionally adding MoN to that mix, If i feel i'll need the extra Toughness.

·
Registered
496 Posts
drop Deamonic on your rhino, if you have to have somthing take EA

also i suggest changing the mark on your raptors to a MoS :3

·
Registered
38 Posts
Drop the raptors as they tend to die fast. (well before getting in CC when DS) I'd run 7 plauge marines w/ double melta gun. FNP is an awesome trait.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yea like everyone is saying the raptors are kinda meh compared to our other options, maybe change your troops to a squad of zerks in a rhino and a squad of plague marines for home objectiveholding? that way your lord has somewhere to go once you get rid of your raptors (even though i do reccomend a daemon prince). And with the points dropped from getting rid of the rapotrs get some oblits as said above then you should have a pretty good list for 1000

·
Registered
496 Posts
i feel the hate towards the raptors, but they can be useful in themself :D

with a MoS you have an exellent Raiding unit capible of running to the back of enemy lines and dealing with pesky support squads before they get a chance to strike abck (of corse Eldar and Dark Eldar will be strikign at the same time most of the time)
just make sure the champ has Dual LC's and your unit is in the range of 7-8 raptors so they can really get in there

DP's and Oblits are tried and tested means of winning buy why be a conformist XD that is the opposite to chaos :D

you could even go for a MoS and Blissgiver (Deamon weapon) on your chaos lord to run with the raptors and make them a Multi-wound/Char hunter squad, but really its up to you

overall your list looks like i could do well

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i feel the hate towards the raptors, but they can be useful in themself :D
:biggrin:

Well i am just one giant, throbbing, beacon of Raptor hate. :3
-I just don't see the use for them, they aren't tough enough to just fly over the top of everyone and go to combat... They can only take 2 special weapons... I'd take chosen over them, ALWAYS.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, well, one of the main problems is I don't have Oblitorators to field in the first place. Thank you all for the advice.

I redid my list, keeping a similar layout but taking some of you guy's advice.

HQ- Demon Prince= 165 pts
Wings, MoN, Nurgle's Rot

Thousand Sons- 324
8 Sons
Sorcerer Bolt of Change, Melta bombs
Rhino-Ext Arm

Noise Marines- 285
5 Marines- 4 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster
Champion- Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, PW, melta bombs
Rhino- Ext Arm

Raptors- 225
6 raptors, 2 Melta guns, MoS
Champion, Twin Lightning claws, melta bombs

I changed the Lord out for a DP with MoN and NR, he's a lot tougher, and Nurgle's rot will help me thin out the horde armies that sometimes run at my store. The Noise marines became a lot more shooty, with the Rhino it gives them more mobility( and a buffer for the blast master). The Raptors switched out marks and gained another meltagun, which might make them a bigger target than needed, but it'll help in my tank hunting.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hmm, well, one of the main problems is I don't have Oblitorators to field in the first place. Thank you all for the advice.

I redid my list, keeping a similar layout but taking some of you guy's advice.

HQ- Demon Prince= 165 pts
Wings, MoN, Nurgle's Rot
warptime mate, NR is kinda useless D:
Thousand Sons- 324
8 Sons
Sorcerer Bolt of Change, Melta bombs
Rhino-Ext Arm
ish good
Noise Marines- 285
5 Marines- 4 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster
Champion- Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, PW, melta bombs
Rhino- Ext Arm
TBH... i dont really like this squad XD but all up to you
Raptors- 225
6 raptors, 2 Melta guns, MoS
Champion, Twin Lightning claws, melta bombs
your DP can handle tanks as well remember :D and your noice marines so you could consider 2 flamers instead to cut down their points and so on :3
I changed the Lord out for a DP with MoN and NR, he's a lot tougher, and Nurgle's rot will help me thin out the horde armies that sometimes run at my store. The Noise marines became a lot more shooty, with the Rhino it gives them more mobility( and a buffer for the blast master). The Raptors switched out marks and gained another meltagun, which might make them a bigger target than needed, but it'll help in my tank hunting.
it was pretty solid before but oh well XD

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Although the demon prince should be able to handle tanks, I'd prefer to keep the raptors around for a second tank buster unit. And the second list is not something I'm going to field right away, just looking for a second option to eventually field.

Changes >.>

The DP will have warptime, and I could replace the Noise marines with this

Plague Marines- 276
6 Marines- 2 Melta guns
Champion- Power fist, Twin-link bolter
Rhino- Extra armor.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Although the demon prince should be able to handle tanks, I'd prefer to keep the raptors around for a second tank buster unit. And the second list is not something I'm going to field right away, just looking for a second option to eventually field.

Changes >.>

The DP will have warptime, and I could replace the Noise marines with this

Plague Marines- 276
6 Marines- 2 Melta guns
Champion- Power fist, Twin-link bolter
Rhino- Extra armor.
Ditch the EA and the TL-bolter and make it a squad of 7

PM's shouldnt need EA on their rhino (only KB's really need it)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the squad is 7, so that would bump it up to eight. But the EA goes good for Rhinos that will always move flat out when they move, as the PM would most likely be riding side by side with the TS in their rhino. But I see your point.

I've slightly altered my Current Army list to add more firepower and speed to the raptors. I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

Chaos Lord- 170
Jump Pack, Combi-Melta, Daemon Weapon, Melta Bombs, MoS

Thousand Sons- 324 - squad size 9
8 Sons
Sorcerer, Bolt of Change, Melta bombs
Rhino- Extra Armor

Noise Marines- 280 - Squad Size 8
7 Marines, 5 Sonic Blasters, Blast Master
Champion, Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

Raptors- 225 - Squad size 7
6 Raptors- IoS, 2 Meltaguns
Champion, Twin Lightning Claw, Melta bombs

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well the squad is 7, so that would bump it up to eight. But the EA goes good for Rhinos that will always move flat out when they move, as the PM would most likely be riding side by side with the TS in their rhino. But I see your point.

I've slightly altered my Current Army list to add more firepower and speed to the raptors. I'd like to know what you guys think of it.

Chaos Lord- 170
Jump Pack, Combi-Melta, Daemon Weapon, Melta Bombs, MoS

Thousand Sons- 324 - squad size 9
8 Sons
Sorcerer, Bolt of Change, Melta bombs
Rhino- Extra Armor

Noise Marines- 280 - Squad Size 8
7 Marines, 5 Sonic Blasters, Blast Master
Champion, Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

Raptors- 225 - Squad size 7
6 Raptors- IoS, 2 Meltaguns
Champion, Twin Lightning Claw, Melta bombs
actualy i like it :D, though i am inclined to like KB's more then NM's thats completely fine if you wanna run a Slaneesh + Tzeentch army :3

looks quite solid to me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts