Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I be been playing against orks a lot but that's with my SW so now I've moved to BA I'm just trying to figure it out ! Please comment rip the list apart if you have too ha ha
1000pt Blood Angels

HQ (125pts)

Librarian (125pts)
Blood Lance, The Sanguine Sword, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Troops (715pts)

Assault Squad (240pts)
10 man Meltagun x2, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon

Death Company (220pts)
bolt pistols, chain swords, Infernus Pistol, Thunder Hammer,Jump Packs

Tactical Squad (255pts)
10 man Power fist, Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Rhino(Pintle Storm Bolter)

Fast Attack (160pts)

Baal Predator (160pts)
Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters, Pintle Storm Bolter, Twin Linked Assault Cannon

Pred moves as quick as pos to a big horde unit shooting all
The way up with dc behind it to charge into them once in range and keep repeating the process.
Libby and ras move together towards a far objective hold and use blood lance to fuck up and big armour trying to make its way to them and sword of sang in and cc or chalange, tac move with fast rhino to objective and camp gunning down with heavy bolter and Flamer for over watch. I just hope dc and bal pred keep them busy while ras and tac get the objectives !
Any thoughts I've got a fair few units to swap over and stormraven and drop pods so feel free to change !
It's abit of a grudge match with my pal and his orks lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run BA too and my regular opponents an ork so I feel your pain man. I'll try and remember the things that work for me!

On paper blood lance does seem pretty epic but unfortunately I've found it's not that great on the table, it's range is random and unless they've lined up their tanks nice and neatly you usually only hit one. And he's an ork so I doubt there'll be that much heavy armour around anyways :) for shooting purposes you've got a nice smattering of meltaguns and infernus pistols to deal with Trukks and dreads.
I'd recommend unleash rage instead, especially in conjunction with the sanguine sword, and if he does find some AV14 you've got that S10 attack to deal with it.

I don't usually tool my death company up too much cause they get expensive very quickly, depending on who I'm playing I tend to just run them plain with jump packs and aim them at any large lightly armoured units (e.g. Pretty much any ork) and let them do what they do best. You could also save yourself a few points by dropping the tac sergeants fist for a power weapon/melta bomb combo, that 'usually' works better for me.

One thing I can fully recommend is a death company dread with blood talons, the last time I brought that along it minced an entire nob squad and warboss before they even got to fight back. Worth it just for the look on my opponents face? Oh yes.

So I'd drop a few death company and their upgrades, maybe slot in a death company dread and switch blood lance for something different. And if there is any spare points maybe a plain five man tac squad just for holding any objectives in your deployment zone. Otherwise though I like the list, fast moving and hard hitting, it's a bit thin on the ground but you were always gonna be outnumbered anyway. And if you can fit that storm raven in then by all means do, flyers are quickly becoming king of the table round here and can be a pain to deal with without an aegis or something similar.

Hope that ramble helps.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Honestly, I would argue that you probably have too much AT. Remember, all SM have krak grenades base, so you don't really need much more than that (especially against a v10/11/whatever truks). What's really good against hordes is templates and pie plates. Like that Tac. Squad (except... ML). So with that in mind, I would honestly argue that flamers and two hand flamers far outweigh the meltas you have now (and its 20 points cheaper, though you do lose the PW. This also gives you 4 templates though...) especially against orks.

I would probably approach this foe as follows

Libby (JP) - 125 (maybe divination, maybe codex, whatever works)

Priest (JP, PW) - 90

10x RAS (2x Flmr, 2x HF) - 220

10x RAS (2x melta) - 210

Baal (AC/HB) - 145

Tac (Flmr,/ML) - 170

+ 35 points

Or switch the melta squad for a libby dread and maybe a suicide flamer baal. Maybe drop PW for a rhino on Tac.

Pretty similar to what you have, but adding the priest makes your RAS basically as deadly as your DC were but with special weapons (25 attacks on the charge vs. 29 per squad).

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
In playing against Orks, DC need a better delivery system. I would also say with complete confidence that DC without a Reclusiarch/Chaplain is simply not worth the points. SO, after reading this:

It's abit of a grudge match with my pal and his orks lol
Lets get specific about dealing with hordes with your list:

Librarian (125pts) Blood Lance, The Sanguine Sword, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack if you want to run DC use a Reclusiarch or find points for a Chaplain. otherwise I truly find this guy too thin in combat where he can be singled out in a challenge and get ran by any AP3 weapon.

Assault Squad (240pts) 10 man Meltagun x2, Infernus Pistol, Power Weapon Since you're facing Orks, what armour do you need these meltas for? I'd switch these out for Flamers, and put two Hand Flamers on the sergeant. 4 flame templates/4xD3 overwatch hits.

Death Company (220pts) bolt pistols, chain swords, Infernus Pistol, Thunder Hammer,Jump Packs Here's a trick. to use these guys like I've said you need those re-rolls on the charge, specially with the potential of putting 5 guys in against 20. Since you're after Orks I would straight up not take any PWs at all, just P/CCW. JPs are expensive, if you use a DP they're where you want them T1, just have to be aware that they can be countered since they're stuck where they landed a turn. IPs and THs look cool as fuck but they just don't serve as competitive a purpose as we want them to.

Tactical Squad (255pts) 10 man Power fist, Flamer, Heavy Bolter, Rhino(Pintle Storm Bolter) When's this guy to use that PF? Against Orks specifically I can't fault you for taking the F/HB loadout, but the PF should go. Use those 25 points to put a JP on your Chap/Rec. Also, have you added a second PMSB to the Rhino? It comes with one already in its wargear.

Baal Predator (160pts) Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolters, Pintle Storm Bolter, Twin Linked Assault Cannon TLAC and HB sponsons is really all this guy needs unless you play with a lot of terrain/like driving through walls. The PMSB is nice for weapon destroyed results, but let's see where we're at points wise real quick with my suggestions.
Reclusiarch w/JP - 155

Priest w/PS, JP - 90

RAS w/2xF, 2xHF - 220

6 man DC w/BP and CCW in DP - 155

Tactical Squad w/F, HB in Rhino - 220

Baal w/TLAC, HB sponsons - 145

Total: 985

That's a PS/PA for the DC, a PF for the Reclusiarch, PS for the Tactical sergeant, really whatever you want to do with it. Or you could be 5 points over and add in another DC marine, up to your buddies if the lists are bang on or not. Hope this helps something! What models do you have that you can trade out with? If there is a dreadnought with blood talons in there that shit is nothing but win. Take a Furioso though, AV13 makes such a massive difference against some targets, specially in CC.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update

It's just really hard at 1000pts to get what you want in there !
I'm looking at running this too

1000pt Blood Angels

HQ (125pts)

Librarian (125pts)
The Sanguine Sword, Unleash Rage, power sword, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Elites (75pts)

Sanguinary Priests (75pts)
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump Pack

Troops (600pts)

Assault Squad (225pts)
10 man squad, Flamerx2
2x Hand Flamer, Melta Bombs

Death Company (175pts)
5 man squad standard Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Jump Packs

Tactical Squad (200pts)
10man squad Plasma Cannon , Plasmagun , Power Weapon

Heavy Support (200pts)

Stormraven Gunship (200pts)
Twin Linked Multi Melta, Twin Linked Plasma Cannon

With the thought of having tac in the storm raven and fire them off near an obj and camp then stormraven to move of and mm the crap out of any armour or use plasma to fuck blobs of infantry
I wanna use the death co to move fast and hard towards a unit and with hammer of rath and the normal 5 attacks each on the charge that's 30 attacks On the charge if I'm right ? And then move on after destroying what ever they was destroying. Ras Libby and priest move together towards An objective in the far side of the battle area so priest can keep them alive and with all the flames being aimed at blobs of infantry especially overwatch. The Libby would be there for chalanges
That's just a quick idea and everyone know your plan never survives the first contact !

I would love to be able to fit a Chaplin in there for the death co re-rolls

Still please rip it apart if need be I'm kinda searching for a really good 1000pts list and as I've said to me 1000pts is really hard to figure out

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And thanks for the advice guys like I said I've got loads to play with so any other advice is very welcome

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Move the PS from the tactical sergeant to the Priest. He has a higher WS and will have much more potential in CC than that sergeant. Plus, if the sergeant hits CC you've kinda flubbed using your shooting squad :wink:

The TLPC on the SR is probably my least favourite weapon for it. Since you're going after Orks wouldn't the TLAC be better? If the guy knows how to abuse his unit coherency the PC just won't cause much damage. On the other hand, it does have decent potential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts