Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Much like the others, I'm not a huge fan of Space Wolf Termies..... I think Codex marines do them better... The only one I'd keep (since you're buying WG anyway) isthe Termie with the Cyclone...

But the cheapest way to get a lot of firepower into these guys is to spam Long Fangs... BTW, 5 ML long fangs is 140 not 125 (at least that's what armybuilder tells me)

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I would also say that 1K isn't enough points. At 1K, I agree that 2 TL Lasbacks are not as good at 5ML Long Fangs (I'd rather have the split fire options) However, as you expand the list towards 1.5 and 2K, you'll find a home for it. To share a slighly diff varient that I use for 1k (which is for mostly new players or guys building thier list)

Rune Priest
2 Squads in Rhinos (one maxed out with 2x melta)
2x 5 Long fangs
2x Landspeeder Typhoon

No WG in this list.. and I'm taking the Powerfist (yeah, I know - only one attack) to keep from getting tarpitted by dreads.... I think my shooting should be able to handle any mech threat and Wolves don't suck at all in CC.... If somebody brings a termie squad against it, the plan would be to shoot everything at it and then then look to torrent the termies to death. It would be costly, but in order to do that, you're looking at NO other support... so it should work out in my favor....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.