Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a redone list after listening to the comments, any more suggestions would be appreciated.

HQ-

Chaos Lord-145
Lightning Claws(Pair)
Combi-Melta
Melta Bombs
Mark of Khorne

Troops-

Thousand Sons-304 (9 Models)
Sonx8
Sorcerer-Bolt of Change
Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers-258 (8 Models)
Zerkersx7
SkullChamp Power Fist
Rhino-EA

Heavy-

Vindicator-145
DP

Vindicator-145
DP

Total-997

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah u would have a problem with any large armor armies. But just see a couple of things, u have pair of lightning claws on the lord, or one claw with the combie melta. Cause u cant have two claws and a melta at the same time. the thousand suns squad is priced wrongly (and over priced if i might add), should be 301pts. giving the champ in the noise marine squad a power weapon is kind of dual rolling the squad for cc and range fire with the blastmaster, but this can still work well.

Maybe drop the noise marine squad and try and get some heavy options, like a vindi or oblits. i suggest dropping the ea off all the rhinos as well. And i take it that the lord is running in the rhino with the zerkers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah u would have a problem with any large armor armies. But just see a couple of things, u have pair of lightning claws on the lord, or one claw with the combie melta. Cause u cant have two claws and a melta at the same time. the thousand suns squad is priced wrongly (and over priced if i might add), should be 301pts. giving the champ in the noise marine squad a power weapon is kind of dual rolling the squad for cc and range fire with the blastmaster, but this can still work well.

Maybe drop the noise marine squad and try and get some heavy options, like a vindi or oblits. i suggest dropping the ea off all the rhinos as well. And i take it that the lord is running in the rhino with the zerkers.
Yes you can, the lightning claws take away the bolt pistol, and you can just add a combi-weapon or twin-linked bolter to a lord.

The Thousand Sons are a nine man squad, I notice that I left out the model count, which means that their could be misread. The lord tends to bounce about where he is needed in deployment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah ur right bout the thousand suns, i miss read it. :read:

but ur wrong bout the pair of lightning claws. read the codex pg 92, (wont write specifically what it says due to forum rules) but u cant have both. (its the last entry under the chaos lord stats, and tells u what u replace. u can never replace the pistol on CSM units. :read:

plus it would be pretty hard having lightning claws and shooting a combie weapon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That entry is for a Lord in Terminator armor, regular lords just replace their cc weapon and can take a combi weapon, but how he fires it is beyond me.

The pistol is replaced with the raptor champ >.< my mistake.

·
Registered
82 Posts
tell u wat, i WAS lookin at the termi armor 1. :read:
thats wierd that u can have both, ususally its one or the other. but i guess thats wat it says.
and it doesn't say that it removes his bolt pistol, so i think he can still use the lightning claws, combie and bolt pistol!!! thats pretty cool. :grin:

i would consider taking a deamon weapon of khorne, for the extra attacks (but it comes at a risk), so when he's with the zerkers, they will REALLY rip up in cc. :victory:

·
Well That Was Unexpected
1,646 Posts
Ok I'm going to be the one to say it .... what the heck are you thinking posting a list like this? If you are new to the game then thats fine, but if you have any kind of knowledge about 40k at all, you should clearly see how awful this list is. Since I've joined Heresy I always try to be helpful to everyone, so just incase I'm accused of being a complete douche, sometimes you just have to say it as you see it.

Anyway, this list meets neither of the two basic requirements of any list IMO, either be fluffy or competitive (and I don't mean stomp your opponent into the ground competitive, just actually being able to play and compete in an average game amongst friends).

You like the Alpha Legion? Congrats this list has nothing to do with them, and every legion except for maybe Deathguard uses Rhino's.

Anyway I'm not going to bother picking apart your list bit by bit, instead I am going to offer my own 1000pt list I'm working on and I would like you (and any other Heresy members who choose to help) to tell me how you could concievably compete against it. Oh and by the way my list is intended to be fluffy / semi-competitive, so its not even power gamed to kick ass at tournaments.

1000pts (1000pts) (4 Vehicles) (20 Models)

HQ

Chaos Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Daemon Weapon, Meltabombs, 140pts

TROOPS

10 CSM, Champion, Powerfist, IOS, Combi-Flamer, x2 Meltaguns, Rhino, 275pts

9 Noise Marines, Champion, Power Weapon, Doom Siren, Meltabombs, x6 Sonic Blasters, Rhino, 295pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession, 145pts

Chaos Predator, Autocannon, Lascannons sponsons, Havoc Launcher, 145pts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well.....thank you R.h.o.k. and Drin for your comments, I'll alter the list using your suggestions, I really do need more powerful attacks in the army.

Now D-A-C, I know this list seems like crap, but it managed to do well for me the last games I played with it, but I'd thought I'd drop it here and see what people thought. Apparently it looks like crap to you, so thanks for the comment. I was writing fluff for my Legion army(which the zerks and Sons are part of), but didn't think it was appropriate to post in this forum.

Anyway, I've altered my list dropping the noise marines in favor of two DmP Vindicators, >.> sorry if my post seemed like crap, I tend to only field things I have(I hate proxying models), and I lack a lot of heavy support choices that seem to be the way about here.

As for your list D-A-C,

Your list seems pretty good for a friendly game, although you should be careful how you set up. No EA on the noise marine's rhino might come back to bite you if they get stunned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts