Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off yes im entering Death Company in a tournament, i dont care if they cant score, they are fun and a i like them end of.

Reclusiarch
- Hand Flamer

Death Company x15
- Power Weapons x15
- Hand Flamer x3

Death Company Dreadnought
- Heavy Flamer
- Blood Talons

- Heavy Flamer
- Blood Talons

·
Registered
594 Posts
First off, love the idea. Who cares if they can't score if you table your opponent right?

Only problem is: how will you kill Mech? From what i can tell, your only way to pop transports is to walk up zap them with the Meltaguns on the Dreads. Your opponent may very well have anti-tank with longer range than 12", and since you have no scoring units he can just sit back and pelt your dreads until they're dead/immobalized.

This list could work if you can close with the enemy, but i get the feeling a significant portion of your force will be blasted to kingdom come by long range firepower before they reach CC.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, love the idea. Who cares if they can't score if you table your opponent right?

Only problem is: how will you kill Mech? From what i can tell, your only way to pop transports is to walk up zap them with the Meltaguns on the Dreads. Your opponent may very well have anti-tank with longer range than 12", and since you have no scoring units he can just sit back and pelt your dreads until they're dead/immobalized.

This list could work if you can close with the enemy, but i get the feeling a significant portion of your force will be blasted to kingdom come by long range firepower before they reach CC.
And thanks, i know its a Tournament but so long as i have fun i dont mind, plus i can contest objectives so its not like its Table or nothing. But with 15 Power weapons the liklehood is, ios that the DC will clear what ever squads they run into more often than not, especialy rerolling everything thanks to the Reclusiarch. My only worry is getting the DC in fast enough, i did toy with Jump Packs, but then the points quicky added up, plus going with small JP squads doesnt work to well since regardless of FNP they will more than likely take some casulties and FNP doesnt help form everything.

Yeah i kinda worried about that and thought about giving 2 Infernus Pistols to the DC since to be fair between the 2 Dreads i really have enough flamers, then throw in one or two Powerfist/Thunder Hammer so that the DC could at least take on vehicles since im not really expecting that many vehicles, At best a Hammerhead, Chimeras, Rhino/Razorback and maybe a Stormraven since there is another player their who is experimenting with one, and thats the best im likley to come across and thats if im lucky.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think this will perform as well as you expect... A good IG list should demolish you.
Fully aware of this fact, i frequently play with a friend who is IG gunline, suffer horribly with both this and my 'Nid lists against him. Plus i know it will be hard to perform but im not after an easy ride, if i were i wouldnt be feilding such a small Death Companty list

Still wont really know until i try :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
First off yes im entering Death Company in a tournament, i dont care if they cant score, they are fun and a i like them end of.

Reclusiarch
- Hand Flamer

Death Company x15
- Power Weapons x15
- Hand Flamer x3

- Heavy Flamer
- Blood Talons

- Heavy Flamer
- Blood Talons
Love the idea, but I would go with Jump DC & Pods for the DC Dreads so you are on them asap. I'd drop down to 2 x 5 man units & drop the power weapons to 2 per unit & throw a fist in.

As it stands your army has negligible anti tank; a single Ironclad would OWN your entire army :mad:

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love the idea, but I would go with Jump DC & Pods for the DC Dreads so you are on them asap. I'd drop down to 2 x 5 man units & drop the power weapons to 2 per unit & throw a fist in.

As it stands your army has negligible anti tank; a single Ironclad would OWN your entire army :mad:
I know, but to get the 2 squads of of DC i would need to include Astorath since they dont have Combat Squads special rule meaning him alone jumps the price up by a fair amount of points. So i could reduce the DC to 2 Squads with JPs, maybe include another 5 man squad in a Razorback with Lascannon maybe drop the 2nd Dread to do so to allow the dread to take a Drop Pod, and give that pod a missle launcher, allthough i suspect it would be expensive but ill look into the points.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Oh duh, forgot they don't combat squad. I don't use them anymore but I like your idea for this army. So, they're just 0-1 w/out Astorath aren't they... Well... in that case just run;

Rec
- JP

12 DC
- JPs
2 PW
1 PF
3 Infernus

2 DC Dread
Pods
HF
Talons

I wouldn't put a single AV11 tank in there, if you want to do that then drop the DC idea & go with RAS & Furiosos.

Dallas

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh duh, forgot they don't combat squad. I don't use them anymore but I like your idea for this army. So, they're just 0-1 w/out Astorath aren't they... Well... in that case just run;

Rec
- JP

12 DC
- JPs
2 PW
1 PF
3 Infernus

2 DC Dread
Pods
HF
Talons

I wouldn't put a single AV11 tank in there, if you want to do that then drop the DC idea & go with RAS & Furiosos.

Dallas
Well its nice that people actualy like my list idea :) Since most people seem to be 'DC in a Tournament!!!!! NOOOOOO. Cant Score so its crap'

Well i cant have 3 infernus in 12 man needs to be 15 DC so not sure if you mean 15 DC with 3 Infernus or 12 DC with 2 Infernus.

But ill do the math and see what i can fit in. But i dont like the idea of both Dreads taking Pods, i know it gets them where i want them but the idea of just having only my DC+Rec doesnt seem a good idea. So maybe just the 1 Drop Pod with maybe a Missle Launcher just to get a quick shot off once it lands.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
get rid of the power weapons, you'll tear thru any infantry squad i let you have, but then your in the open for my turn, not a good place to be :p

drop them to 3 5 man squads, get rid of the power weapons and jump packs if you can.
since i can and will feed you a cheap unit. you'll kill it in your assault phase, no doubt, but then its my turn, and you'll be in range of almost everything i have.

friendly advice was given to you today by your 'ig friend' :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts