Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a 1000pt tournament I'm going to in Nov and I'm thinking of playing Slaanesh. I mainly play Space Marines and Black Templar but am starting a Chaos. Any suggestions as to what works best will be greatly appreciated.

HQ
Daemon Prince with MoS, wings, and Lash of Submission

Greater Daemon

Troops
8 Chaos Marines with MoS
Champion with PW
Melts Gun
Rhino with extra armor

8 Chaos Marines with MoS
Champion with PW
Melts Gun
Rhino with extra armor

5 Chaos Marines
Champion
Plasma Gun
Rhino

Heavy Support
Vindicator with possession

The idea is for the the two 8 man squads and daemon prince to go take objectives and kill the enemy army. The vindicator will follow and blast whatever the Prince lashes. The five man will hold an objective in the backfield. And the Greater Daemon will pop out wherever needed.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Could replace your 5 Chaos Marines with 5 infiltrating Melta chosen?

Don't think 1 Vindicator is enough either, if it got destroyed by a lucky lascannon on turn one, your match would pretty much be downhill from there.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
im not a fan of summoned demons, so id personally drop it, but if it works for you then congrats

the vindi is gonna get killed before it repays you in points, since theres nothing to divert fire (besides rhinos...but they are only AV 11)

lastly a question...wheres the Noise Marines!?

Edit: Ninjad by ROT....

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Personally I would run a list that looked more like this:

DP w/MoS, Wings, LoS (155)

10 CSM w/PFC, 2 Melta, Rhino (245)
10 CSM w/PWC, 2 Flamer, Rhino (225)

Vindi w/Daemonic Possession (145)

TOTAL: 915 points

This is a solid list that can deal with many things pretty well. The 2 vindis work well together, especially with the lash around. Plus there's 85 points leftover to work with and possibly add an oblit.

Hope this helps. ^_^

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Deux. That looks good. But i dont have Oblits yet.

But how about this:

10 CSM w/PwC, 2 Melta, MoS, Rhino (255)
10 CSM w/PwC, 2 Melta, MoS, Rhino (255)

That still leaves 45pts

·
Handmaiden of Slaanesh
398 Posts
Looks pretty solid. With the last 45 points you could possibly get some havoc launchers on the rhinos/vindi to throw out extra firepower. I've personally had some amazing experiences with havoc launchers and think they're worth it. Plus, it gives the vindi something to use if it loses its main weapon, which tends to happen since your opponent doesn't want that thing around. :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
But how about this:

10 CSM w/PwC, 2 Melta, MoS, Rhino w/armor (270)
10 CSM w/PwC, 2 Melta, MoS, Rhino w/armor and havac (285)

How does this new one sound? Is the Havoc worth taking?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
PwC? Is that a power claw by chance? I recommend the powerfist over the havoc launcher. I'd rather hit on two than four any day. Besides you got a ten man unit, I wouldn't worry about him not getting his attacks.

Edit: sorry didn't see your extra armor upgrades. For future sakes, its always cool to have a worthless rhino causing damage. Just you have to keep in mind the price of the rhino as you keep upgrading it

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I assume PwC means Power-Weapon Champion?

And i never take havocs on my Rhinos, Just because i don't have time for them, gotta drive my Rhino straight towards them, at full speed :)
-But if you tend to have Rhinos driving around with nothing in them, which i know people do, then maybe a havoc is worth it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, sorry. PwC is power weapon champion. and i just threw the Havoc in there cause i had 5pts that I didn't know what to do with. Any suggestions as to what would be better for the points?

·
Registered
156 Posts
A Havoc launcher can be useful on a small noise marine squad used to hold your home objective. It also combines well with lash princes in that it provides additional templates and with longer range than a vindicator.

Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Lash (155 points)
6x Noise Marines, Blastmaster, Rhino, Havoc Launcher (210 points)
10x Chaos Space Marines, Melta x2, Icon of Slaanesh, Champion, Power Fist, Rhino (265 points)
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession (145 points)
Vindicator, Daemonic Possession (145 points)
Obliterator (xx points)

995 points

This gives you a lot of options and multiple redundancies.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would take noise marines and obliterators but i don't have the models yet.

And why not give the rest of the NM Sonic Blaster?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So use what? A terminator base and just put different arms on him?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I guess you just buy a termie champ model and do 'em up with GS. I want more oblits, but cba with the price. :} I'd like to see an oblit guide, tbh.

·
Registered
156 Posts
And why not give the rest of the NM Sonic Blaster?
Points. You have room for one. Which is fine. You can fire it and your blastmaster while moving in a rhino. That's perfect.

I think keeping one squad basic marines with meltas is a good idea. You don't have a ton of anti-armour if the rest of your army is targeting infantry.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, played 2 games and won them both. The prince did wonderfully!!

The troops did ok, and the vindis killed some. But over all did well.

Might try some obliterators and noise marines

BUt thanks everyone for the help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.