Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about running nothing but Jump infantry. That means no mech, no foot sloggers, and no bikes/speeders. Leave any comments whatsoever (good or bad). Well here it goes:

HQ:
Librarian (125)
-Jump pack
-Sanguine Sword and Blood Lance

Elites:
(5) Sanguinary Guard (265)
-Infernus Pistol
-Death Masks
-Chapter Banner

(3) Sanguinary Priests (270)
-Jump Packs
-Power Swords

Troops:
(7) Assault Squad (171)
-Jump Packs
-Infernus Pistol
-Sgt. has power weapon and melta bombs

(7) Assault Squad (171)
-Jump Packs
-Infernus Pistol
-Sgt. has power weapon and melta bombs

·
Registered
990 Posts
Too many points tied up in elites & troops lacking a little.

You don't need 3 SHPs with power weapons & the SG might be better replaced by HG with your weapons of choice so you can kill armour (gives you a 'free' SHP too), in this list there is a massive lack of anti tank aside from the Librarian's psychic power which is not enough IMO. So, maybe look to get melta guns in there, infernus pistols are just too close ranged (effective at 3'' is way too close for comfort).

In a nutshell, save SG for 1500 & get an Honour Guard with 3-4 meltas, drop 2 SHPs (this will still leave you with 2 SHPs - 1 bought & 1 in the HG), use the the points from the dropped SHPs to get at least 2 x 10 man RAS with 2 meltaguns & fists if you can afford it, melta bombs & power weapons will do too if not.

Dallas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya. I realized that when I made them but I wanted to see what people said anyways. I mainly love the fluff in the Sanguinary Guard more than actually using them. They are cool but EXPENSIVE!!! Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
990 Posts
You could run with the SG (& still drop a single SHP) but I'd personally want two meltaguns & a power fist in each RAS as insurance.

Dallas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya. I know. It would make it a little easier to get to the mechs. What if I dropped the infernus pistols (in the RAS's) and gave each of them a meltagun and one of them two?

·
Registered
990 Posts
ya. I know. It would make it a little easier to get to the mechs. What if I dropped the infernus pistols (in the RAS's) and gave each of them a meltagun and one of them two?
Yeah, I would do this, infernus pistols are ok but they're more expensive than a second meltagun & you want at least 2 x 10 man troop choices at 1000 points. Plus, that 3'' is just so damn close & when you factor in your D6 scatter... I just think the extra meltagun is sooooo worth it. If you land outside of that 3'' range you'll struggle to reliably pop anything with more than AV12, if you DOA in you want to at least pen your target or you'll likely get the good news at point blank :(

Dallas

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I hope your help pays off when I fought them on Wednesday!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts