Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first list i put some effort into. Going to take this against some Necrons on Sat in a friendly match to improve my noobish skills (I am proxying most of the models) (not specifically made to fight Necrons, just used that Vow for them)

Please Criticize and Comment

HQ

Emperor's Champion - 125pt
-Suffer Not the Unclean to Live

Master of Sanctity - 185pt
- 3x Cenobyte Servitors
- Dual Lighting Claws
- Terminator Honors

Elites

Venerable Dreadnought - 173pt
- TL Las
- Missile Launcher
- Extra Armor
- Smoke Launchers
- Tank Hunter

Troops

Crusader Squad - 240pt
- 10x Initiates with BP/CCW
- 7x Neophytes with BP/CCW

Crusader Squad - 95pt
- 4x Initiates with Bolter
- 1x Initiates with Lascannon

Fast Attack

Assault Marines Squad -188pt
- 5x BP/CCW
- 1x Plas / CCW
- 1x Power Fist
- Meltas

996 Total

Chappy goes with the CC Crusader Squad gives them re-rolls to hit on charge, Chap re-rolls wounds, Cenobytes give +3 to Zeal results and act as Neophytes.

Vow gives extra Strength against the low I Necrons, so against warriors, immortals, tomb spyder etc... i still strike first.

Dunno how to use the Emp Champ. Maybe keep him back with the Shooty Squad just in case or use him as a distraction by himself. Assault marines storm in cause chaos as much as i can. Venerable is fire support.

Tried to make this a cheap (money wise) do-it-all list.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get any private responses on this post bud?

Or have you tried to play test it?

I am new to the game and the BT Ranks but the army build looks interesting to me. I am kind of curious to give it a try myself. :so_happy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
My first list i put some effort into. Going to take this against some Necrons on Sat in a friendly match to improve my noobish skills (I am proxying most of the models) (not specifically made to fight Necrons, just used that Vow for them)

Please Criticize and Comment

HQ

Emperor's Champion - 125pt
-Suffer Not the Unclean to Live
Take Accept Any Challenge... as it is statistically better than Suffer not... and is helpful in case you whiff a lot of your to hit rolls

Master of Sanctity - 185pt
- 3x Cenobyte Servitors
- Dual Lighting Claws
- Terminator Honors
Lose the servitors. While the extra movement is nice the crusader seals should be enough. Also lose the lightning claws at 1000 points its a bit too much just take a bolt pistol for his power weapon.

Elites

Venerable Dreadnought - 173pt
- TL Las
- Missile Launcher
- Extra Armor
- Smoke Launchers
- Tank Hunter
Drop the smoke launchers as monoliths and heavy destroyers wll be he only thing that can cause a penetrating hit and monoliths only have a 24" range while there shouldn't be many heavy destroyers at 1000 points. Against non-necrons you want to be shooting with the dread and with a 48" range you won't really need to move about.

Troops

Crusader Squad - 240pt
- 10x Initiates with BP/CCW
- 7x Neophytes with BP/CCW
Drop 2 neophytes here. Add a powerfist and a meltagun.

Crusader Squad - 95pt
- 4x Initiates with Bolter
- 1x Initiates with Lascannon

Put in a mirror of your first squad.

Fast Attack

Assault Marines Squad -188pt
- 5x BP/CCW
- 1x Plas / CCW
- 1x Power Fist
- Meltas
Drop these only 5 marines will just get shot to pieces.

996 Total

Chappy goes with the CC Crusader Squad gives them re-rolls to hit on charge, Chap re-rolls wounds, Cenobytes give +3 to Zeal results and act as Neophytes.
Put the Emperor's Champ with the new CC squad.

Vow gives extra Strength against the low I Necrons, so against warriors, immortals, tomb spyder etc... i still strike first.
Once again AAC is the more effective vow vs almost everything.

Dunno how to use the Emp Champ. Maybe keep him back with the Shooty Squad just in case or use him as a distraction by himself. Assault marines storm in cause chaos as much as i can. Venerable is fire support.
Footslogging crusader squads can move quite fast due to righteous zeal and also put more models on the table for your opponent to deal with. Never run the emperor's champion around by himself and never stick him in a shooty squad, at WS and S 6 he is beastly.

Tried to make this a cheap (money wise) do-it-all list.
Nothing from GW is cheap money-wise. :p

Thanks for looking!
What you will want to do is to hug cover if your opponent has any weapons that ignore your armour and can cause multiple wounds (monolith's particle whip, vindicator's demolisher, etc) and while doing that move and run towards your enemy. Unless the squad is dedicated to shooting or is in assault range run them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm thought this got buried.

I eventually made a entirely new list (actually about 50 o_O).

Its hard to make a 1000 point templar. Everything i made so far got me beat by a Tyranid, Chaos, and Daemon player.

My only wins were a control point game with tyranids at 500pts, and a Necron battle at 1500 (i proxied alot) with a simlar list but with a LRC and 5 Termis. They just ripped through his Warriors and destroyers.

I did recently have a tie with the Necron guy at 1500.

I one-shotted his monolith with a Vindi. :)

But so far no success in a list at 1,000... :(

It always seems the other players has just better units, and rules that come together to whip me...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Black templars are better at higher points. And always have your ec at the front. He is a monster in close combat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What i used to tie the Necron player (but one shotting the Monolith) was..

HQ
EC - AAC

Troop - 1
8x BP/CCW
1x PF
1x Melta
Rhino, EA, Smoke

Troop - 2 EC rides here
7x BP/CCW
1x PF
1x Melta
Rhino, EA, Smoke

Elite
VenDread with AC and ML, EA and Smokes
5x Termi with LC in a LRC

Heavy
Vindicator, EA, Smoke
Vindicator, EA, Smoke

About 1490 points. Don't have my list with me.

It was dawn of war, 2 control points.

I rush Rhino with EC up to his CP, and keep my other rhino hidden behind building. Move Vindicators up behind cover to keep a eye on my CP.

Dread rushes up side that EC rushed to provide fire support. LRC Stays on EC side in hopes to push all his stuff on the opposite side of the board.

Vindi shoots, Hits, Pens, Explodes the Monolith that warped to the center of the table.

EC takes point and fights off warrior squad. Second warrior squad attacks EC to tie up till end of game. Immortals (i think) warp towards end of game to right on my CP contesting it. Both points contested. Tie.

LRC by the way got held up and blocked by a scarab swarm.. :( almost 500 points completely useless.

The list is basic as i see. I would love to get a Drop Pod list going. Sounds nice and fluffy and fun to play.

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
eehh there seems to be a lot of people that say drop pod armies aren't the way to go. I've never tried one myself. I use one or two occasionally but never most of my army.

ive always thought about multiple vindicators, seems nice i just hate putting vehicles together for some reason.

as for the LRC being held up by a scarab swarm i'm not sure what you mean. Vehicles are never locked in close combat (except walkers like dreads) . they are free to move away thats why when you charge a vehicle you strike its rear armor in 5th edition, makes it easier to kill before it rolls away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What i used to tie the Necron player (but one shotting the Monolith) was..

HQ
EC - AAC

Troop - 1
8x BP/CCW
1x PF
1x Melta
Rhino, EA, Smoke

Troop - 2 EC rides here
7x BP/CCW
1x PF
1x Melta
Rhino, EA, Smoke

Elite
VenDread with AC and ML, EA and Smokes
5x Termi with LC in a LRC

Heavy
Vindicator, EA, Smoke
Vindicator, EA, Smoke

About 1490 points. Don't have my list with me.

It was dawn of war, 2 control points.

I rush Rhino with EC up to his CP, and keep my other rhino hidden behind building. Move Vindicators up behind cover to keep a eye on my CP.

Dread rushes up side that EC rushed to provide fire support. LRC Stays on EC side in hopes to push all his stuff on the opposite side of the board.

Vindi shoots, Hits, Pens, Explodes the Monolith that warped to the center of the table.

EC takes point and fights off warrior squad. Second warrior squad attacks EC to tie up till end of game. Immortals (i think) warp towards end of game to right on my CP contesting it. Both points contested. Tie.

LRC by the way got held up and blocked by a scarab swarm.. :( almost 500 points completely useless.

The list is basic as i see. I would love to get a Drop Pod list going. Sounds nice and fluffy and fun to play.
A couple of notes:

You've got long range weapons on the Dread, so I assume you're using it for fire support? If so, I'd drop the Ven (The extra armor isn't needed, either). The points are wasted since you're hanging back and sniping. Just find some cover to duck in and out of. You might also think of getting rid of the assault cannon for a multi-melta. Then you can tank hunt with the MM and rain down ordnance with the ML on troops.

I'd also swap the Vindicators for a pair of Predator Destructors (the e/a is also not needed here as meltas don't care about it and will still get inside). Run the Lascannon sponsons if you've got the points, the cannons if not. You can put them at either end or the table on deployment to provide suppressing fire (and by setting up in the corners you can get shots at side armor in the middle of the table).

You'd also be doing yourself a favor by at least getting an assault cannon on one of your Terms. They are made for it and you can take on armor or troops with it, both with devastating results to your opponent.

I've been playing BT's for a bit, but YMMV. I have a 2K list I posted today on here for review you might take a look at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts