Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright im facing my friend in about 2 day and he runs necrons, when i hear necrons i think of lots of template weapons and hand-to-hand, now heres my list that is actually 995pts.

HQ

Daemon Prince(180)

-wings
-Nurgle
-Wind of chaos

Elite

Dreadnought(125)
-Plasma Cannon
-Extra Armor
-missile Launcher

Troop

Noise Marines x4(200)
-sonic blasters x3
-blast master
Noise champion
-Doom siren
Rhino

Noise Marines x4(200)
-sonic blasters x3
-blast master
Noise champion
-doom siren
Rhino

Heavy

Vindicator(145)
-DP

Vindicator(145)

-DP

Yeah, I'm not really sure about the prince, he sometimes makes it to a squad and is either shoot to death or ripped apart by the nightbringer. So the Nightbringer is the target, and he doesnt play a monith in a 1000 if that would help.:eek:k:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used be something of an expert when it came to smashing Necrons.. but that was several years ago.

Your right on lots of hand-to-hand. I'd go with Khorne Berzerkers instead of the Noise Marines, if you've got the models.

But which ever troops you take, try to separate your units somewhat in anticipation for the Veil of Darkness (if that's the right name). He'll be teleporting his warriors all over the board and you'll want to be ready to hit him when he does.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so take the 400pts from the noise marines and convert them into 2 squads of khorn? gotcha! but they cant assult right away

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'd certainly go with 'Zerkers if you're wanting to to assault. i also think in your current set up 12 CSM will lose you games. i'd at least shoot for full sized squads of CSM with two meltas.

or you could do something dastardly, and use TSons: you'll be told they suck, but they can always Rapid Fire due to being slow and you have lovely AP3 bolters. it should allow you to kill more since he won't get saves.

but they are indeed not CC friendly if that's what you want. it's just an idea.

good hunting.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Noise marines wont get their points back as much as berzerkers in cc against crons, because of necrons poor initiative you will strike first with berzerkers too. Plus mark of khorne gives you extra attacks which is very helpful as you will want to destroy the squad your assaulting as quick as possible thus reducing the possibility of more WBB rolls. Also I would drop the nurgle prince for a slaanesh lash prince, moving his units closer and assaulting. Hope this helps.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
You have points costs of indivdual upgrades posted, thats against the rules, not to rag on you. But if a mod comes along thats a reprimand.

I think the list is fine vs necrons though, although I think you would do just as well with lots of PM's with plasma.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Get rid of all those individual point costs and Do it Now.

NOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts