Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
I'd leave the meltaguns where they are. You may not need anti-armor in quite the same way as you would when you fight most other armies, but meltaguns are good at everything, despite what people say. They're safer than plasma, have better range than a flamer, and still kill most stuff on 2's.

As for the predators. I'd make at LEAST one of them have a twin lascannon in the turret. Two would be better. I'd drop the havoc launchers to fit the points in, particularly on the Rhinos. Rhinos really aren't there to do any fighting themselves-- they're there to carry your Chaos Space Marines into the fight and nothing more. If they get to shoot their combi-bolters, that's great, but at that point, the squad inside is probably stuck in and the transport has really filled its role to begin with. If you're going to spend more points on Rhinos, I'd give them extra armour.

The sorcerer shouldn't be hopping around by himself. I'd lose the wings, make one of the Chaos Space Marine squads 9-strong, and let him tag along with them. He'll get shot, even by armies like Orks and Tyranids which aren't known for their shooting, if you have him flapping around on his own.

Be sure to issue Icons of Chaos Glory (read: Chaos Undivided. Who came up with Chaos Glory, and why couldn't they just call it Undivided like normal people?) to your two squads, as well. It's inexpensive and definitely worth it. If you think you'll be fighting Tyranids more often than Orks, Icons of Slaanesh might be in order, alternatively, particularly since your Sorcerer bears the Dark Prince's mark. Orks always are going to go after your Marines, but most gaunts can be beefed up to Initiative 5, so getting your licks in, even if it's at the same time, is worthwhile.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts