Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in a tournament campain and my opponent is a regular space marines army and this is what i got so far. And its 995 pts.:ireful2:

-Daemon prince
Wings
Warptime

-Noise Marines 9
Sonic blasters 8
Blastmaster
Noise Champion
Doom Siren
Rhino
Daemonic Possession

-Chaos Space Marines 9
Heavy Bolter
Plasma Gun
Aspiring Champion
Combi-plasma
Power Fist
Chaos Glory

-Vindicator
Extra Armor

-Vindicator

·
4,491 Posts
I'm in a tournament (campain) and my opponent is a regular space marines army and this is what i got so far. And its 995 pts.:ireful2:

-Daemon prince
Wings
Warptime
Give him a Mark of Nurgle. Well worth the points.

-Noise Marines 9
Sonic blasters 8
Blastmaster
Noise Champion
Doom Siren
Rhino
Daemonic Possession
Wow. Thats a massive point sink.
I find they are best run in 1 of 2 ways...

5 Noise Marines
- 5 Sonic Blasters
- Rhino

or

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino

-Chaos Space Marines 9
Heavy Bolter
Plasma Gun
Aspiring Champion
Combi-plasma
Power Fist
Chaos Glory
Drop the Heavy Bolter and Plasma Gun for 2 Meltaguns. Drop the Combi-Plasma on the Champ, you dont want a 65 point model killing himself. Consider giving them a Rhino.

-Vindicator
Extra Armor
Daemonic Possession is a MUST on Vindicators.

-Vindicator
As above.
My advise is above.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, i wouldnt think about some of that stuff, but of course i put DP on all my vehicles but i didnt have enought points *sigh* but that feedback.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
If you're facing Space Marines, 1ksons are aways a potent choice...

·
4,491 Posts
wow, i wouldnt think about some of that stuff, but of course i put DP on all my vehicles but i didnt have enought points *sigh* but that feedback.
You dont need Daemonic Possession on the Rhinos.
Extra Armour is an option for Rhinos containing assault-based units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, very similarly to KingofCheese's advice, here is an easy way to keep your same models, but make the army a little more effective.

Disclaimer: I don't have a codex on me, so points may be a little under/over

HQ
Daemon prince
Wings
Warptime

Troops
Noise Marines 6
Blastmaster
Champion
Rhino

Noise Marines 6
Doom Siren
Champion
Rhino

-Chaos Space Marines 10
2x Meltagun
Champion
Power Fist
Chaos Glory

Heavy Support
-Vindicator
Daemonic Possession

-Vindicator
Daemonic Possession

Any extra points can be used to give the DP MoN, the NM squad with the Doom Siren a power fist and/or Sonic Blasters, the CSM Champion a combi weapon (melta or flamer) and the Rhinos EA. I would do so in that order. You may even want to remove the Champions from the NM squads, though that may not be legal.

By splitting your squad into two, you can save points through troop specialization. In addition, you gain a third scoring unit. With this many blast templates in a 1000 points game, you should also consider giving your DP MoS and LoS.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also have another 1000pt list if you dont mind looking it over.

-Daemon Prince
wings
tzeentch
wind of chaos
warptime

-Noise marines 8
sonic blasters
blastmaster
Noise Champion
Doom siren
Rhino
havoc launcher
daemonic possession

-Vindicator
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

-Obliterator

-Chaos space marines
lascannon
plasma gun
Aspiring Champion
Chaos glory
combi plasma

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i also have another 1000pt list if you dont mind looking it over.

-Daemon Prince
wings
tzeentch
wind of chaos
warptime
Proberbly abit too expensive for 1,000 points, Your better off taking A 155 point unmarked prince with Warptime/wings

-Noise marines 8
sonic blasters
blastmaster
Noise Champion
Doom siren
Rhino
havoc launcher
daemonic possession
Erm, Havoc launchers are not so great on Rhinos, All i ever use them for is to get people where i need them ASAP. Which means they're going at 12" a turn, meaning they can't shoot. Also You don't need Daemonic Possession on a Rhino, extra armour works fine

-Vindicator
daemonic possession
havoc launcher

-Obliterator
I don't know if Running the single Obliterator is really worth it, Your proberbly better off Dropping it

-Chaos space marines
lascannon
plasma gun
aspiring Champion
Chaos glory
combi plasma
As a general rule i s'pose, if your not so experienced, you might wanna stay away from plasma, It's a tough call whether you want to use it, and it might be worth you playing a few games, and seeing if you think; I could use those plasma. Otherwise i wouldn't recommend it so much.
On the whole, i'd use the points from losing the DP and HL on the Rhino, and everywhere else i've suggested; Which on a quick estimate is 70~ Points;
You can now loose the Oblit and get a 2nd Vindicator with Daemonic Possession, and i think that'd benefit you alot, because of the editional fire power :3

Good Warring :wild:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im not new lol but i have never failed by plasma gets hot rule at all but in most games they've really helped me

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well then don't let me tell you otherwise :biggrin:

I've had a really bad run-in with Plasma, I love it, but only use it where 'Gets hot!' Dosn't apply... Like on ma' Dread. :]

·
4,491 Posts
Well then don't let me tell you otherwise :biggrin:

I've had a really bad run-in with Plasma, I love it, but only use it where 'Gets hot!' Dosn't apply... Like on ma' Dread. :]
On average they will get 18 shots for every casualty.
The odds are fairly good, but i would never give a Champ a Plasma Pistol or a Combi-Plasma. Too many points invested in him (when he has a Power Fist) to risk losing him.

On Plague Marines, Plasma is a good option.
On average they will get 36 shots for every 1 casualty.
1/6 to overheat
1/3 failed saves
1/2 failed FnP
6*3*2 = 1 in 36 chance.
Plague Marines are 8 points more expensive, but for half the chance of dying to an overheat its not bad value (on top of their other benefits).
I still wouldnt go giving the Champ any Plasma weapons though.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Mmm, Maybe it's worth it for Plague Marines... i still don't wanna give my 'zerkers them tho :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mmm, Maybe it's worth it for Plague Marines... i still don't wanna give my 'zerkers them tho :)
NEVER take plasma pistols on Zerkers o.o

hell i dont even rocoment shooting with Zerkers before they charge XD just incase you kill somthing and then end up out of range D:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts