Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be joining a campaign at my FLGS. The basis is army lists base points are 1000pts and as the campaign progresses, you can additional percentage to add to your list based off tiles and buildings you control, etc.

The whole thought is to keep this list very mobile while yet having the base solid for whatever scenario I may be put up against.

HQ - Farseer with Spirit Stones, Guide and Doom (with regular squad of 5 in falcon 1)

Troop - 5 Dire Avengers (in falcon 1)

Troop - 5 Dire Avengers + Exarch with Dual cats, Bladestorm and Defend (in falcon 2)

Elite - 5 Fire Dragons + Exarch with Flamer and Crack shot (in falcon 3)

Heavy - Falcon (1) with Scatter Laser, Holo Fields, Spirit Stones

Heavy - Falcon (2) with Scatter Laser, Holo Fields, Spirit Stones

Heavy - Falcon (3) with Scatter Laser, Holo Fields, Spirit Stones

This leaves me with 63 points to reach my 1000.

Initially I thought about removing the DA exarch and putting in another Farseer. But the point of the campaign is to have 1 HQ 'general' that gains experience points and to have 2 identical farseers will kinda jumble that whole thing up.

The other problem is that all 3 falcons are full and my heavy support choices are full. I don't have enough points to really get any other squads and if I do they will be bare and footslogging.

So...

As much as I hate to put it... but for 60pts.

Fast Attack - Vyper with Shun Cannons and upgraded Shun Cannons.

I know its not the greatest thing and will probably be an easy kill point. However... with the campaign allowing like 5% to 10% extra points towards your list... what I then can do is just add in another Vyper as 5% of 1000 is only 50 points, and stuff like that.

I would like to take Prisms, but then I'm leaving myself pretty bare in terms of transports and I probably wouldn't be able to take the dragons.

And just because I feel someone may ask... my opponents for the campaign will most likely be... Tau, Guard, SM, SM and I think MAYBE Ork or Guard. Tau, Guard and SM are the forsure.

Any critism would be appriciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of min-squads max transport Eldar lists, although I recognise its effective. I'd question whether you have enough scoring units - even in 1000pts I run with 4 scoring units and you only have two.

That said, if you're looking for minor amendments and you're looking to squeeze in a Fire Prism, I'd drop one of the 3 Falcons and replace it with a Wave Serpent with scatter lasers. If you add spirit stones you've got a saving of 50pts on the Falcon. Drop defend from the Avenger Exarch and you've saved enough points for a naked Fire Prism. If you're keen on holo-fields, you could lose all the spirit stones (I think they're a waste of points for a 1/6 effectiveness against vehicle damage).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would drop the fire dragon exarch, defend from your DA's, and a falcon. Get a Fire prism, wave serpent, and if you have the points add to the WS DA squad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts