TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 4 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Meltagun, Rhino - 135
TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 4 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Flamer, Rhino - 130

HS Defiler - 150

1000 points

My initials are DJ by the way.

·
Registered
941 Posts
your squads are wayyyy to small, 4 men will get slaughtered in the first turn! I'd make them at least 7 men, probably even 10 men! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You definitely want your CSM squads to be 10 men. By the first turn, or the second if I go first, I could quite easily kill 15 Marines and 3 rhino's.

You need more numbers, but other than that it looks good

·
Registered
477 Posts
One defiler on its own is begging to be destroyed and I agree with the other comments that your Marine squads are too small...

At 1000 points I think it would be better to ditch one of the Daemon Princes and take a couple of units of 7 Plague Marines instead of those small Marine Units..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think he was trying to go with 3 MC for 1000 pnt list so dropping one of the Daemon princes would defeat the purpose of this list. that being said. I am a fan of my Defiler too but what they say is true you will not get to shoot that sexy cannon more than twice and thats if your lucky. 2 obliterators cost the same as a defiler and last longer( if you dont stand them in the middle of the street and taunt your opponent ) but to be honest i would look into beefing up those squads and give them a purpose in life. how about this list i think this one would run smoother

HQ(155)- Daemon Prince- wings, warptime
HQ(155)- Daemon Prince- wings, warptime
HQ(100)- Greater Daemon

Troops(220) Chaos space Marines x 10- Melta guns x 2, Aspiring Champion, Rhino
Troops(220) Chaos space Marines x 10- Melta guns x 2, Aspiring Champion, Rhino
Troops(150) Chaos space Marines x 5- Melta gun x 1, Aspiring Champion, Rhino, Havoc Launcher

Total=1000

I think the Havoc Launcher will be more effective than the lone flamer and just keep everyone inside those rhinos as long as your enemy will let you and blast away with the meltas. also if you will be playing against a horde army i would consider changing the Princes for lash princes ( the cost the same) and the meltas in the other squads for a flamer and havoc launchers on the other rhinos too. you might want to keep a couple of meltas for MC if they are nids though. and have fun how can you not with 3 MC in 1000 point game. haha

Sen

·
Registered
941 Posts
daddysen's list looks solid, but why have plain champs, give em each a power fist or weapon!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
you might want to drop that 5 man CSM squad in favor of a 5 man chosen team w/ a champ. That way you can infiltrate them close to the enemy and have your greater daemon pop out of them and charge the first turn he arrives. You should have some extra points so give the CSM champs a fist or PW

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Daddysen, you have an interesting idea. The defiler has been a bit of a detriment. But I still want some firepower to take out vehicles. Maybe two obilerators, or one oblit and beef the troops up a bit.

I also like the idea about using possessed and infiltrating. I think I can get away with 2 full strength squads.

I've used this list 4 times and haven't had a problem with my 5 man squads, 1000 points doesn't afford you the fire power you might think. And by round 2 or 3 they will have 3 MC's flying, not running, their way. Well, 2 at least, the GD can't fly. So the troops are mostly ignored.

Here are my new lists, tell me what you think:

HQ Demon Prince w/ wings, MoN, Warptime - 175
HQ Summoned Greater Demon - 100

TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 9 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Meltagun, Rhino w/ TL Bolter - 200
TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 9 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Meltagun, Rhino w/ TL Bolter - 200

HS Obliterator - 75
HS Obliterator - 75

1000 points

-- OR --

HQ Summoned Greater Demon - 100

EL Chosen Chaos Space Marines w/ 5 Chosen, Aspiring Champ, 2x Meltaguns - 120

TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 10 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Meltagun & Flamer, Rhino - 215
TR Chaos Space Marine Squad w/ 10 Marines, Aspiring Champ, Meltagun & Flamer, Rhino - 215

1000 points

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
That first one is 1040 points, not 1000. Might need a bit more trimming.

But yes, both of those most recent lists look quite monstrous. And fun. And vomit-inducing, on the enemy's part.

I would, however, suggest making one CSM squad have 2 flamers and one have 2 flamers--that way you can go hunting for specific targets instead of having jack-of-all-trades squads that can't quite finish the job.

I would also recommend, on the second list, dropping the Rhino TL bolters in favor of more meltas on the chosen. After all, they aren't limited to one...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great idea, I made the changes. I think I am really liking the second list a lot.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I hoped this might be some kind of Beastie boys inspired noise marine list, but it still looks pretty interesting :)

Tell us how it goes if you try it out.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Ah, oops. When I said "2 flamers and 2 flamers" I meant "2 flamers and 2 meltas". My bad...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FInally someone got the Beastie Boys reference. I don't use noise Marines but maybe I should reconsider for this list. But points are tight enough as it is.

·
Registered
173 Posts
to Primarch Logar - you dont want to spend 25 points on a model that is there just to sacrifice to the Greater Daemon

Sen

·
Registered
941 Posts
then just give 2 PFs, and sacrifice the other!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
it not a good list if you play an acholt amey like nids you are dead crone becercers roll
I like spam bots and I can not lie
You other posters can't deny
That when a bot walks in with shitty unreadable paste
And a stupid smiley face
You get pissed...

·
Registered
74 Posts
it not a good list if you play an acholt amey like nids you are dead crone becercers roll
Translation: It's not a good list. If you end up playing against an (wtf is acholt?) army like Tyranids, you're dead. Khorne Berserkers rule.

At least... That's my interpretation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts