Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my parents were at a tag sale the other day and apparently the owner's son played 40k back in 3rd ed. They bought a few old 3rd edition codexes for me to look at at around a dollar each: SM, Assassins, Eldar and Dark Eldar. Since the Dark Eldar codex was the only usable one, I figured I'd try and make a list. Without further adieu, here it is:

HQ:
Haemonculus: 35
Destructor, scissorhand

Troops:
9 Warriors: 87
Blaster, splinter cannon
+ Raider: 80
Disintegrator, night shield
(Haemmy rides here)

10 Warriors: 95
Blaster, dark Lance
+ Raider: 55

Blaster, dark lance

Blaster, dark Lance

Heavy Support:
Ravager: 120
3 disintegrators

3 disintegrators

Ravager: 105

Total: 997

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
So my parents were at a tag sale the other day and apparently the owner's son played 40k back in 3rd ed. They bought a few old 3rd edition codexes for me to look at at around a dollar each: SM, Assassins, Eldar and Dark Eldar. Since the Dark Eldar codex was the only usable one, I figured I'd try and make a list. Without further adieu, here it is:

HQ:
Haemonculus: 35
Destructor, scissorhand
Not bad, I'd put him on a skyboard, get an invulnerable save, and some better movement.
Troops:
9 Warriors: 87
Blaster, splinter cannon
+ Raider: 80
Disintegrator, night shield
(Haemmy rides here)

Blaster, dark Lance
Splinter cannons on Raiders, never Dark Lances. They'll never fire. Convert the following to 2 10-15 man foot squads, with dual lances and blasters.
Blaster, dark lance

Blaster, dark Lance

Heavy Support:
3 disintegrators

3 disintegrators

Ravager: 105
Standard, fine, no issues with this. I like Night Shields, but that's my preference. Orochi disagrees with me here.
Total: 997

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the Haemmy goes with the first raider squad. I'm not putting him all by himself, so no to skyboards.

I'm rethinking the raider squad's weaponry and I'll probably give the majority (if not all) of the squads splinter cannons. I don't want to use foot squads because the list follows a raider-spam theme and I want to overwhelm my opponent with them.

I'm not too sure I have enough points for night shields on the vehicles I'd want to put them on, so I just might leave them off entirely or figure out a way to include one. I found out my Haemmy is 10 points less than he should be, so I'll have to get rid of a small component of the list to get it under/to 1000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts