Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my wish list for 1000 points (i know it's 2nd time i put it but in previous post i proposed 3 lists and there was not much response to that) so mayby if i put just one i would get more c&c
thnks for any help

HQ

Libby 100
null zone, smite

TROOPS

tac 10 ML,F, PF Razorback TLHB 250 (they combat squad, ML half stay at home obj and Flamer srg + libby go in Razorback)

tac 10 ML,F,PF Rhino w/EA 245

scouts 5 combi falmer, PF, MeltaB CCW 115

FAST ATTACK

LS storm HF 60

HEAVY SUPPORT

vindi 115

vindi 115

TOTAL 995

Scouts in LS storm
Libby with 1/2 Tac squad in Razorback

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Libby 100
null zone, smite
Good choice, not much to say here beyond maybe look into using a chaplain or Cassius if you get bored of the librarian from time to time.

tac 10 ML,F, PF Razorback TLHB 250 (they combat squad, ML half stay at home obj and Flamer srg + libby go in Razorback)
Overall like this squad, though try getting them a melta over the flamer, or knocking the fist down to a power weapon with some meltabombs. Meltaguns compliment powerfists very well due to both being high strength armour/character killing weapons.

tac 10 ML,F,PF Rhino w/EA 245
Like this squad, maybe consider knocking off the extra armour for the points for the melta above and to turn the rhino into a second razorback. Won't be able to transport as many as the rhino, but you'll have an extra heavy weapon in your force.

scouts 5 combi falmer, PF, MeltaB CCW 115

LS storm HF 60
Close combat scouts aren't my thing, nor is the storm; but if it works for you then go for it. However, if those meltabombs are on the sergeant with the fist then do consider removing them. There are very few situations where you will use the bombs over the fist, and at 1k you are not likely to run into them. Well maybe you will, but units like land raiders and monoliths are expensive and will make your opponents army much smaller for it.

vindi 115
vindi 115
Love this, my own preference is two or none at all and here you have two. These will play hell on your opponents forces unfortunate to be within range.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firs of all thnks for the response rep+ for u

and now down to the business
i am using standard weapons no tacs cause i have no other and i am low on budget but i'll lok into this
also i would probably keep flamers cause my main opponent is playing orkz
PF i keep to instant kill nobz ...

for the same reason i wanted a full squad in rhino to drive arond and shoot ML or maybe even a template if it gets charged and survives :p

EA is a reaction to kopters... (and i want to keep them moving)

scouts are to hunt lootas or BattleWagon (to slow him down)

Vindis are kind of obvious in this case and i love them :D

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
i am using standard weapons no tacs cause i have no other and i am low on budget but i'll lok into this
Not entirely sure what you mean by this; could you, perhaps, be clearer or elaborate a little more? I never made any comment or suggestion in regards to swapping out the weapons of most of the tactical marines, merely the flamers because your using powerfists.

also i would probably keep flamers cause my main opponent is playing orkz
That being said though, with the knowledge that your going to be playing orks, oh by all means use a flamer for one or both squads, though maybe consider grabbing the sergeants combi-melta's in addition to their powerfists. (Maybe even bump one fist down to a power weapon in order to get the points.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts