Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

new to 40k, new to eldar. People around here play alot of different armies and I want to start of with a decent list based on the models I'm interested in.

Would greatly appreciate feedback on where I should spend my last points and what changes I should make

• Farseer w/ Singing Spear on a Jetbike (120 pts) Goes with the 3 windriders below
  • 3 Windrider Jetbike squad (51 pts)
  • 9 Dire Avengers + Exarch (10 models). Exarch has Diresword. Goes into a Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lances + Shuriken Cannon (290 pts)
  • 5 Wraithblades w/ Ghostaxe in a Wave Serpent with Shuriken Cannon (and TL Shuriken Cannon) (285 pts)
  • 5 Swooping Hawks + Exarch (6 models) (106 pts)
  • Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon (135 pts)

Adds up to 987 pts so 13 pts to spare. I think the army is (legal and) fairly well rounded? What will I struggle with and what can I do about it? Should the last couple of points go to upgrade weapons on the Wraithblades Wave Serpent or defense on any of the Wave Serpents or something else? I'm open to shaving points somewhere to add something crucial that I've missed.

Thanks!

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Gret79, I thought wave serpents were a standard delivery system of wraithblades. If foot slogging, I'd prefer the wraithguard. So here is my updated list, but now I'm unsure of where to put the last 100 pts.

• Farseer w/ Singing Spear on a Jetbike (120 pts) Goes with the 6 windriders below
  • 6 Windrider Jetbike squad w/ 2 shuriken cannon (122 pts)
  • 10 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lances + Shuriken Cannon (260 pts)
  • 5 Wraith guard w/ wraithcannon (160 pts)
  • 5 Swooping Hawks + Exarch (6 models) (106 pts)
  • Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon (135 pts)

This ends up at 903 points. What do I need with the last points? Some ideas:

• Holo fields for wave serpent and/or fire prism
  • Sunrifle for swooping hawk exarch
  • Warlock going with Dire avengers
  • Upgrade a dire avenger for Exarch for Diresword ... or something else
  • A vyper
  • Something more radical

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey,

thanks a bunch to both of you!

I like the changes you made Chaosftw, gonna start building towards it.

Regarding the bikes, do you think they'll grief over a single unit of them? Well, I'm a noob anyway. :angel:

/Harold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.