Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I would like some advice on the black legion army I plan to put together.

Here's the 1000 pts list

1000 Pts - Chaos Marines Roster - 1000 pts Chaos Army

HQ: Chaos Lord (1#, 140 pts)
1 Chaos Lord (Mark of Khorne; Daemon Weapon; DW: Blood Feeder;)

Elite: Chosen (6#, 175 pts)
5 Chosen (Meltagun x5)
1 Rhino

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (9#, 248 pts)
7 Khorne Berzerkers
1 Skull Champion (Power Weapon)
1 Rhino (Extra Armor)

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (11#, 280 pts)
9 Chaos Space Marines (Chaos Glory; Meltagun x2; Rhino)
1 Aspiring Champion (Combi-melta; Power Fist)
1 Rhino (Havoc Launcher)

Heavy Support: Obliterators
2 Obliterators @ 150 pts

Total Roster Cost: 993

And here's the 1500 army

1500 Pts - Chaos Marines Roster - 1500 points Chaos army

HQ: Daemon Prince (1#, 155 pts)
1 Daemon Prince (Wings; Warptime)

Elite: Chosen (6#, 210 pts)
5 Chosen (Meltagun x5)
1 Rhino (Daemonic Possession; Extra Armor)

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (11#, 260 pts)
9 Chaos Space Marines (Chaos Glory;Meltagun x2)
1 Aspiring Champion
1 Rhino (Extra Armor; Havoc Launcher)

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (9#, 283 pts)
7 Khorne Berzerkers
1 Rhino (Daemonic Possession; Extra Armor;Havoc Launcher)

Heavy Support: Defiler (1#, 150 pts)
1 Defiler

Heavy Support: Obliterators (2#, 150 pts)
2 Obliterators (I'll use them in 2 separated units)

Troops: Khorne Berzerkers (9#, 283 pts)
7 Khorne Berzerkers
1 Rhino (Daemonic Possession; Extra Armor; Havoc Launcher)

Total Roster Cost: 1491

·
Registered
941 Posts
personaly, I like your 1,000 pt army better, I think it will give you better results!:eek:k:

·
Registered
496 Posts
i have to agree with primarch

with your second list id consdier dropping the Defiler and putting your awsome Zerker lord back in (then another 10 pts on random upgrade for someone)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Honestly, I would sub the Khorne Lord in for Khârn the Betrayer. The Khorne Lord will hit himself a third of the time, whereas Khârn has a lot less risk involved, having a minor chance of killing your own guys. Khârn also does a lot more, hitting on 2's, wounding on 2's most of the time, and having 2d6 penetration on vehicles.

Otherwise, the lists look fine. I would possible look at removing Havoc Launchers and Possession for beefing up some troop units, but that is all up to you. Possibly downgrade the Possession to Extra armor, saving up a couple of points. With that, you could possibly grab a squad of lesser Daemons or something.

Also, a defiler generally does little by itself. It needs a friend! :)
A lone defiler will usually get shot down to quickly to do anything in 1500 with the likes of Guard having plenty of firepower to bring down a single AV12 vehicle that is kind of large.

Happy hunting, bring glory to Chaos!

·
Registered
23 Posts
(lengthy)

Yo,

I also like your 1000 points list, but I'd really recommend giving your Lord Wings. He can still fit in the rhino (its in the FAQ) and it will give you a lot more options once you drive him up the field in his rhino with the bezerkers (I'm assuming thats what your doing-If not I recommend it). You can just keep him as part of the group and add that Blood Feeder to the sweet carnage caused by your bezerkers, or you can jump 12" into a squishy non-cc unit, clear an objective or go for another hq, etc, etc.

Granted it is a little risky to send him off by himself with the Blood Feeder (which is just dying to rebel and cause you a wound - don't forget to take your invul!), but having that kind of mobility/versatility can be really helpful, especially in a 1000 points game.

I'd recommend removing the havoc launcher to get enough points for the wings. That rhino will probably end up moving 12" all over the board anyway and being able to throw your Blood Feeder wielding Lord into a unit should be more effective (no 1s!) than the one or two shots your havoc launcher will get in the course of the game.

Your second list looks pretty good too, but I see that your paying for both Extra Armor and Daemonic Possession on some of your rhinos. That is redundant and you only need to pay for one of these upgrades. I'd recommend just getting extra armor cause your rhinos (especially the zerks) should be roaming around a 12" speed for most of the game and wont be able to shoot anyway. Unless you really like the havoc launchers, ( I love em, but don't get to use em much) I'd drop em and add a powerfist or two to your squads to help with close combats with bigs guys (MCs, HQs, etc).

I would use the extra points (from choosing either EA or DP) and give a mark to the Daemon Prince. I like Tzeench (Most of the guns that shoot at my DP are high str/low ap), but Nurgle or Slaneesh (Lash anyone?) are good too.

I like my defilers too, but be prepared for it to take some heat ( this isn't a bad thing, if they are shooting at it, they aren't shooting at your rhinos-they should be)

I do like Flame80010 idea of bringing back the Lord (maybe you have enough points with just EA?) - just give em wings!

·
Registered
172 Posts
its true, and kharn can rip the legs off a titan without much worry, for less points than a DP you cant argue with the betrayer...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was indeed planning to use the Chosen as a suicide squad by outflanking with them.

But I realized that 3 Deep striking Terminators would do it for much cheaper... any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
172 Posts
i quite like raptors for the purpose of dropping in and popping armour... 120 points for 2 DS melta guns, or 105 for 3* 1shot meltas, or 130 for 5 infiltrating meltas. all have merits and cost around the same... the mobility of the raptors does it for me.
my raptor squad is 2 melta and a powerfist, my termicide squad is 4 combimeltas and a chainfist, and my chosen have 4 flamers and a power weapon, bikes are also good for it, take 7 with 2 melta, fist and icon of nurgle :) T6 is awesome fun...

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

I worked up a 1,500-point list for you, keeping things deliberately vanilla (i.e. no Marks or Icons that aren't Undivided) to fit the Black Legion feel and also for maximum modelling flexibility:

HQ
• Chaos Lord
- Terminator armour, paired lightning claws
130 points

ELITES
• 5 Chaos Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory, heavy flamer and powerfist, 4 combi-meltas
195 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Space Marines
- Aspiring Champion with combi-melta and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns, Rhino
230 points
• 10 Chaos Space Marines - Aspiring Champion with combi-melta and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns, Rhino
230 points
• 10 Chaos Space Marines - Aspiring Champion with combi-flamer and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 flamers, Rhino
220 points

FAST ATTACK
• 5 Chaos Bikers
- Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 meltas
195 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• 2 Obliterators
150 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points