Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I have a 1000 pt tournament coming up so thought I'd post my list.

HQ:
Big Mek -85pts
W/ Kustom Force Field

Elite:
11 Burnas -165pts

Heavy Support:
Battle Wagon -120pts
W/ Deffrolla, Big Shoota, Red Paint

Trukk Boyz -157pts
Nob W/ Power Klaw
11 Boyz
Trukk
W/ Red Paint, Reinforced Ram, Boarding Plank

Trukk Boyz -157pts
Nob W/ Power Klaw
11 Boyz
Trukk

Trukk Boyz -157pts
Nob W/ Power Klaw
11 Boyz
Trukk

Trukk Boyz -157pts
Nob W/ Power Klaw
11 Boyz
Trukk

TOTAL -998pts

All C&C welcome thanks for reading.

·
Registered
111 Posts
deffkoptas is a great unit :p don't underestimate them. they can scout then move 12 and charge 6 :p means that they can get anywhere on the table round1 and charge your enemies weak spot :p

boarding plank are awesome then you read wot they do but then again, have you ever stayed in the trukk while you are 2inches from a enemy tank? i always jump out and assault :p
same goes with red paint job. i try not to buy any of them because the chance of you needing/using their rules is low.
if you skip that you get 80points to deffkoptas. remove your burnaboys and get 19normal boys instead and give extra Armour to battle wagon.

well this is wot i should do all depends wot you like to play with. good luck and tell us how you did on the turney. xD

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Your units are to small, and okay you've enough trukks to have some make it to the enemy lines, but most of them won't. Your army will end up seperated, and trust me, that's not something you want to happen.

Now you've got a Big Mek leading the army, but you'll need to give him Eavy Armour and a Cybork body to keep him alive.

Here's what I'd run with:

Big Mek, Kustom Force-field, Cybork Body & Eavy Armour - 100 points.

20 Ork Boyz, Nob with Powerklaw, 2 Rokkit Launchas - 175 points.

15 Grots, 1 Runtherd - 55 points.

Deff Dredd with Four Combat arms - 105 points.

Your Dredds are bullet magnets, but with running you can get them and the boyz into range. Use the rokkits to distract your opponent, while your Grots are your 'Cossack Box'.

They're the unit you use to hang at the back, holding rear objectives. Your opponent will dismiss them as irrelevant and ignore them.

·
4,491 Posts
Personally, i would just run lots of 20 Boyz in Battlewagons with Deffrolla's, and the mandatory Nob with PK and BP in each unit, the Big Mek with KFF and no other wargear, and support your army with Lootas.

I often find running a "Dakka Bunka" is effective in 1000-1500 point games.
15 Lootas in a Battlewagon with 4 Big Shootas.

But only if you have other things in the army to take the attention away from the Dakka Bunka.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.