Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be for a team tourney, but im not sure what my team mate will be runnin yet.

Captain w/ relic blade

Dread w/ assault cannon
Dread w/ assault cannon
Dread w/ assault cannon

10 tac squad, 1 flamer, 1 missile, sarg has combi-flamer, PF, in rhino
10 tac squad, 1 flamer, 1 missile, sarg has combi-flamer, pf

1 razorback w/ TL lass

exactly 1000

the ten tac squads break up in deployment, flamer, sarg and 3 bolters into the rhino w/ captain. other squads flamer, sarg and 3 bolters into razorback.

rhino w/ captain runs up the middle for far objectives/combat. razorback moves 6 each turn to my side or mid objectives while shooting lass. both back 5 man missile squads shoot enemy armour/ grab my side objectives. dreads support and kill enemy troops or vehicles, and help w/ assaults if needed.

the razorback will make the enemy fire at it instead of my captains rhino, that was the point of taking one.

so.. what u guys think... go iron hands

·
Registered
268 Posts
A very strong list, especially the dreadnaught. I'd probably swap two dreadnaughts for a defiler with all CC weapons and battleccannon and then with 55 points of upgrades get some more things for your captain, cause he looks kinda...naked with just a relic blade.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perhaps if this was a CSM army, but thanks for the imput.. feed me the c&c

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.........:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't see any problem with the list jumping out at me. I might add a devastator squad or something with a melta gun and drop a dread. I love Iron hands though, Dreads can get poped pretty easy, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I cant really judge this until we know what your partner is bringing.. You seem awfully shooty so I would hope that he is focused towards assault.

You also lack any type of outflanking or DS threat, which is needed to at least disrupt gun-lines for 1 turn if not more. Again if your partner is going to have some sort or reserve threat then never mind.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking about changing the combi flamers to meltas, and a dev squad would cost me much more than a dread or i would change that. i feel stuck were im at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts