Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I have a string of games coming up and although I don't know who or what I am going to be facing I figured I would post my work in progress and see if you sages had any advice smile.png

Quick note- I only have 1 rhino and 1 drop pod, the game isn't for a few weeks so I could possible scoop up another but would prefer not to if possible :)

Captain-175Points
Bike
Artificer Armor
Storm Shield
Thunderhammer

Dreadnought- 145 Points
Drop Pod
Multimelta
Powerfist
Heavy Flamer

Tactical Squad- 185 Points
9 Tactical Marines
1 Tactical Sergeant
Melta Gun
Rhino

Scout Squad- 105 Points
6 Scouts
1 Scout Sergeant
1 Heavy Bolter
6 Sniper Rifles
7 Camo Cloaks

Bike Squad- 78 Points
2 Bikers
1 Biker Sergeant
2 Flamers
1 Melta Bombs

Assault Marine Squad- 115 Points
4 Assault Marine
1 Assault Marine Sergeant
5 Jump Packs
1 Melta Bombs
2 Flamers
1 Power Maul

Landspeeder- 50 Points
2 Heavy Bolters

Devastator Squad- 130 Points
4 Devastator Marines
1 Devastator Sergeant
4 Missile Launchers

This leaves me with about 17 points to mess around with, as to where those would best go I am not sure. A few options I am considering are:

1) Scrap the landspeeder altogether and maybe use those points towards like 2 extra bikers and an extra assault marine?

2) Swap the captain for a librarian, I don't really know at all what I will be facing so having something in the Psychic phase might not hurt.

3) Although I have the models I have never used my bike mounted command squad and am curious if it's ever a worthwhile endeavor? They're using magnets so they can be a foot squad as well but I haven't ever thought of them as worthwhile on foot.

4) Maybe finding a way to get Telion in there if possible? I've used him a few times before and had some success but since my chapter is of my own creation I can pick any chapter tactics I want although I am unsure what would work best?

5) Armorium Cherub on the devastator squad? Unsure if it's worth the 5 points?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Overall I like this list, little bit of everything and fast moving so you should be in a position to put up a fight no matter what.
Personally I would drop the speeder, I've never been a fan of them and a few extra wounds on the bikers/assault marines would come in handy. One librarian on his own is a bit dicey, he'll usually only manage one useful power a turn though he can be handy to have around.
In my experience people only bring bike command squads to spam grav guns and storm shields on a toughness five model with FnP from the apothecary, incredibly useful but I'd only bring them out in a competitive game, on foot they're pretty useless. As for telion and the cherub I've never used them so I can't help you there.
Have you considered razorbacks? Two five man squads with meltaguns in razorbacks is 270 points which is cheaper than the combined cost of your scouts and tac squad, leaves you some more points to play with. Use the bikers to give the tanks a cover save then unload rapid fire bolters and meltaguns right in the enemies face with back up from the razors heavy bolters.
Those are just my thoughts man, I'm sure there's wiser heads than mine that could help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.