Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Just wanted to make sure you get some feedback,

The list isn't bad... there are some things you could do to optimize but, you don't have the models for it yet. You should run your speeders as separate (the squadron rules are not your friend for speeders... destroyed on a 4+ kind of sucks)

Also, 1k is a funky points level... Personally, I think the game isn't balance well at that points level... so most folks are looking at lists from 1500, 1750, 1850, 2000

Do you have a specific list you're looking to build up to.

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Given that matchup, I might be tempted to run 10 Assault Termies, two squads of scouts with sniper rifles and cloaks, Tellion, and a Termie Chappie... and whatever is left into MM/HF speeders...

But given what you have, I would suggest Tellion and then think about dropping the rhino, razorback and dread for more shooty troops on the board. Orks are great, until you shoot them with 40+ bolter shots as they close. Just make sure you have the umph to drop the DP with Lash... but with the Libby, you'd have a good chance of stopping that anyway. Also might play with the Termies... they're aweful hard to drop and if they hit the guard it's pretty much game over.

So my advice would be to not worry so much about resiliancy and get as much dakka on the board as possible.

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
The real problem is that you're playing at a very low points level... at that point, the game is NOT balanced.... get them to play 1500-2000 and the armys will become more evenly matched in terms of capability...

Also, if the guard player is using Marbo, then he kind of needs to tell you... ask to see his list... I've had the IG game where my opponent was playing the "this unit of vets has X" game and when I finally called BS and added up his list, he was 100+ points over.

Or, get them to play some of the battle missions... they're all pretty broken in one way or another, but fun.... Or sit down with them and come up with a "this is acceptable" list... especially if it's a couple of friends your playing with...

I have a buddy who plays a Marine Biker list... We've agreed that I won't bring a couple of lists against it cause he's at a complete disadvantage (Razorwolves and Mech IG - my ability to nuke his bikes is just too good for it to be competative) So, since neither one of us will have fun in that game (I run on autopilot, and he gets to lose) So in order to ensure a good game, I've agreed to play other stuff so that our two lists are more well matched. (BTW, both of us have been accused of being "Cheesemongers" cause we focus a lot on building good lists... but at the end of the day, you want both players to have a good game)

· Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Or bring this Nids list...

HQ
Primes w/ Lash Whip and Bone Sword, Scything Talons - 95
TROOPS
2x Tervigon w/ Cluster Spines, Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs - 195 Each
2x 10 Termagants - 50 each
ELITES
3x Hive Guard - 50 each
HEAVY SUPPORT
Tyrannofex w/ Rupture Cannon - 265
WAAC is bad... but it does not mean all things competative... In all honesty, don't cry "cheese" just make a balanced list... I totally get the frustration though...

WAAC in my opinion is not letting your shoot a unit when you forget... or being "liberal" in your concept of 6" -- it is NOT making a good list.

Again, the problem is the points you're playing and the fact that you're limited in your model selection...

Also, at 1500 Vulcan and Termies is not hard to beat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.