Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted a little feedback on my 1000 pt ork list. I just recently got these models so I dont have room for much change to the list. I will be getting paid soon so any tips on what to add would be great! I mostly fight eldar and marines.

HQ
Warboss -Power Claw, Cybork body, Eavy armor, Boss pole, Combi skorcha (with Nobz)
105pts

Elite
Lootas x10
150pts

Troops
Nobz x10 -Pain boy, Grot orderly, x2 Power klaw, x4 big choppa, x9 Eavy armor, x9 cybork body, Waaagh banner
410pts

Boyz x15 -Nob, power klaw, boss pole
105pts

Boyz x15 -Nob, power klaw, boss pole
105pts

Fast Attack
Dakkajet - additonal twin-linked suppa shoota
120pts

Total- 995

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Well looks like a decent list, but there really doesnt seem to be enough models for 1000 points with most of you points in nobs and the whole foot slogging with only around 40 models could be proablematic. Maybe of you have points for fighta ace on the dakka jet i find it usefull to shoot at everything at BS3

My only real suggestion drop some nobs or lootas and get more boys if you could find some Assault on Black read boys or some other cheap source.

Thats all I've got

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on the dakka jet battman, forgot about fighter ace! That will be useful for fighting Eldar for sure. I know the boy squads are a bit low , but these are all the models I have at the moment. I will be getting more boyz to fill out the squads and probably a battlewagon or 2.

·
Registered
564 Posts
with what you have got here FarseerChaz, it can work at this level but will require some serious tactics as most ork armies just throw boyz to the wind and charge up relying on bulk numbers (especially foot sloggin it).

How i would tend to run it would be that you have a big death star unit (warboss and nobz)that is going to draw huge attention from everything else, so use that to your advantage. march it up the guts utilizing as much cover as possible and flank it with your boyz mobs again trying to utilize cover. and as suggested by Battman get the fighter ace upgrade as he is going to have to hit things that are giving your units grief. You possibly look at splitting your unit of lootas into two 5 man squads and camp them in cover on different flanks, this will then give you a crossfire type of situation or the ability to fire at 2 different targets.

just some further food for thought.

'appy Stompin' fings

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pointers! I got some $$ recently and I decided to trash this list in favor of a more mobile list, only problem is that its 43 pts over the 1k mark. Would you guys try to help me trim the fat? thanks! I am in favor of this new list. Maybe drop the dakka jet to get some nobs with pk inthe trukk boys and some big shootas in the shootas?

HQ
Big mek -kustom force field
85pts

Troops
boyz x20 shootas
120pts

boyz x19 shootas
114pts

Boyz x12 choopa/slugga -trukk
107pts

Boyz x12 choopa/slugga -trukk
107pts