Fast Attack
6 Swooping Hawks (including Exarch) 148 pts
Exarch has hawk’s talon and skyleap

Heavy Support
War Walker 65 pts
Eldar missile launcher, scatter laser

3 Dark Reapers 105 pts

1016 points

What do you guys think? So far I've modelled the dire avengers, five guardians, the brightlance platform, the farseer, and the war walker. I've also bought the parts for the wave serpent. The others are just things I want to put into my army to get it up to 1000 pts.

P. S. I know that it isn't a good idea to use a brightlance as the platform but I didn't learn that until I had already modelled it. Also, for the dark reapers, I plan on getting 4 reapers and an exarch, but I'm only going to use 3 of them in 1000 pt games.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks great but for someone who uses a necron avatar why Eldar

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks great but for someone who uses a necron avatar why Eldar
the avatar looked cool. I'm actually looking for an eldar one, but the only ones that look cool are already being used by other people and I want a unique one. If they had more units and more conversion options, I probably would have started a necron army instead of an eldar one.

EDIT: NOW I've got an eldar avatar for my avatar! HAPPY?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
For 1000pts, it looks good to me. I would give the Walker 2 ELM for a little more anti-tank and give the Reapers their Exarch with a missile launcher and fast shot. Then your army would have good anti-troop/tank. Ive never played a 1000pt with my eldar, I would hate the lack of modles lol. Idk, but the serpent being used for 5 DA seems a little over the top. I would drop the DA and to serpent for something a little more...versitile? Personally I love the DA choice in the waveserpent. In the 3 games ive played with them, they have yet to leave any survivors in the units they shoot at. Then again, they always die shortly after...

Like the list, wish I knew more about it and the uses for it. Moc would know!!!
Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
280 Posts
HQ
Farseer 158 pts
singing spear, spirit stones, runes of witnessing, mind war, guide, and fortune
I think he is a bit "Overbuilt" as I don't see the need for 3 Farseer Powers, at best you will be wasting 20Pts of potential each turn. I suggest that you trim one Power (mindwar, because he is a Footslogger and its the most difficult to use well without a Jetbike). I also suggest that you swap Guide out for Doom, or at least think about it, a lot of your army has BS=4 anyway, and those that don't have very few shots to Guide anyway.

Elites
6 Striking Scorpions (including Exarch) 143 pts
Exarch has shadowstrike and scorpion’s claw
Nice light weight unit, with plenty of options, I would suggest a slightly larger squad if you can find the points though.

Troops
10 Guardians 110 pts
platform w/ brightlance
At 1K I don't think you will need the BL, and an EML might actually getts you more and save points. Here is my thinking: use the Guardians as "True" defenders and set them up behind a building/forest. Then when you get your turn, bring 1 crew member out far enough to gain LOS on a spcific target with the (better ranged) EML... if you hit, it s a bonus; and even if you miss the enemy can only return casualties on that 1 crew member as the rest of the squad is hidden. You will never face a LD test as the nemy can never take out 25% of the unit with shooting, and through the game the unit should hit at least 3 times and score VP as well.

5 Dire Avengers (including Exarch) 92 pts
Exarch has two shuriken catapults and bladestorm
Wow, talk about Min/Max... I just don't see these guys doing that much in the long run, Bladestorm takes advantage of numbers and you trimmed out all the figures.... Its also best used with Doom, which you don't have as yet. In fact I don't think you need the Wave Serpent as it is fairly soft anyway and DA have an effective 24" range with their movement included.

5 Rangers 95 pts
One more Min/Max squad, I think that in this case the Pathfinder is deffinately worth the points.

Wave Serpent 100pts
twin-linked shuriken cannon
(It will carry the dire avengers)
Just drop it, 1 Serpent will do almost nothing for you and it can't score.

Fast Attack
6 Swooping Hawks (including Exarch) 148 pts
Exarch has hawk’s talon and skyleap
Is your math off here ? (158 I think)... anyway, Intercept turns them into one of the best anti-tank units in the game (handy if you face one, or two) otherwise the unit can be very solid.

Heavy Support
War Walker 65 pts
Eldar missile launcher, scatter laser
Why bother with the Scatterlaser and not just get 2 EML's.... it would increase your effective range (and possible keep the WW alive) and you can pretty well guarentee 1 good hit each turn.

3 Dark Reapers 105 pts
I like these guys, and all I can say is that if used well they can rock; but if use poorly they will be easy points for your enemy. If you have the points, get one more, otherwise a second WarWalker (EML's) might be better.

1016 points In my game group this is illigal 1K or less and nothing over, ever as its a bad habit to get into unless your both doing it.

Now I know that you have already modeled some of the stuff... but a Razor knife can fix a lot of things, and then just use Pins or Magnets so that in the future you can swapp weapons at will. Also my thoughts on Wave Serpents in small games is that they eat up too many points that could be used on Scoring units. I took the liberty to re-write your list as I would actually field it using most of the units you have noted.

HQ
(143) Farseer: singing spear, spirit stones, runes of witnessing, Doom, and fortune
Elites
(175) 8 Striking Scorpions: Exarch has shadowstrike and scorpion’s claw
Troops
(100) 10 Guardians: w/ EML
(138) 8 Dire Avengers: Exarch has pw & ss and bladestorm.
(120) 5 Pathfinders
Fast Attack
(173) 6 Swooping Hawks: Exarch has Sun Rifle, intercept, and skyleap
Heavy Support
(70) War Walker: 2 EML's
(70) War Walker: 2 EML's

999, 7 Scoring Units, 40 Figures....
--- Use the range of the EML's to blast away at the enemy as I mentioned, Meanwhile the Farseer moves with the Fortuned Scorpions for Assault (Farseer's Doom would pretty well guarentee that an emey squad is remove through combined shooting and assault). The Pathfinders provide Pining and MC control while the DA give some mass fire and "Hold" certain enemy units in place. Finally the Hawks would be there for early Tanks assaults, but always having the optoin for Mobile Sniping and/or Pie Plating as needed. Sorry I couldn't squeeze the DR in there; but you could tarde the two Warwalkers for 4 Reapers if you like and have some serious anti-infantry fire. Oh and I also suggest that you add a little "Fluff" or stroy to your army so that they get their own unique feel to them, and obviously, if anything I said to makes no sense, feel free to ask. The one thing to truely think about when building Eldar armies is how the army works as whole, because the strength of individual units is pale in comparison to Cohesive power.

I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm planning on trying out the units I already have (farseer, dire avengers, wave serpent, guardians, and war walker) in a small game soon. I might switch around some of my stuff later on and once I have more units I'll stop using the wave serpent in small games; but for now I'm not going to change the units I've already modelled. I still haven't modelled the wave serpent so could somebody tell me what weapons would be good?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm partial to the Starcannons, good strength, good AP, good range(Not as good as an EML), and 2 shots. I'm also liking the idea of the Shuriken Cannon Upgrade if you can fit it in. My half cent's worth.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If you never use star engines... and it is there to transport and back-up tour DA, then I would say either scatter lasers or Star cannon as you get more shots. If you need some more anti-tank, then just bring the ELM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts