Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying around with a Crimson Fists Army after starting to read Rynn's World and wanted some feedback on my first CF 1000 pt Army. I'm not looking to play in any tournaments, just start a new Army that's competative, while mixing some fluff from the book.

HQ:
Librarian - (90)
Lvl 2, boltgun, force weapon

Troops:
1st Tactical Sqd - (195)
Sergeant w/ chainsword, combi-flamer, and melta bomb
9 Battle Brothers w/ flamer, and boltguns
Rhino

2nd Tactical Sqd (225)
Sergeant w/ power fist, combi-melta, and melta bomb
9 Battle Brothers w/ meltagun, and boltguns
Rhino

Elite:
Sternguard Veteran Sqd (220)
Vet Sgt. w/ power fist, and boltgun
4 Sterguards w/ combi-meltas
Drop Pod

Heavy:
Devastator Sqd (170)
Sergeant w/ Boltgun
4 Battle Brothers w/ missile launchers (frag, krak, and flakk)

Thunderfire Cannon (100)

-1000 Total-

·
Registered
240 Posts
Your list seems decent. It lacks a unit with any really punch but that's ok since its 1000pts and you say that you aren't really playing at a tournament level.

I would take plasma instead of melta on the tac squads for the longer range and rapid fire unless you are planing on fighting a lot of knights or tank heavy IG. Also where do you see your librarian going in your list. The rhinos are full and the sternguard i assume will be something of a suicide squad. This leaves the devastators but a SM librarian isn't that great at buffing shooting. If you drop the ML 2 and melta bombs on the tac squads you can replace the sternguard squad with 3 grav-cents and run the librarian with them. I like this better b/c throwing away 22% of your points first turn is kinda ludicrous in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts