Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just started recently and building an elder army, got the battpeforce butneed n't satisfied, about to get more kits, really want to make a fast hard hitting army to start with, then I can expand later. Let me know what you guys think, any tips and advice are much appreciated. Heres what ive got planned so far:

Command unit
Autarch -swooping wings, avenger shrunken catapult, power sword - 105 pts
Swooping hawks - with exarch (with sunrifle) -105 pts

Assault unit
Dire Avenger -exarch (twin linked avenger catapult and fast shot) -95 pts
Wave rider -twin linked scatter laser - 120 pts

Assault 2 unit
Dire Avenger -exarch (twin linked avenger catapult and fast shot) -95 pts
Wave serpent -eldar missile launcher -130 pts

Fast attack unit
Warp spiders -exarch (spinnaret rifle and fast shot) -130 pts
Warp spiders -exarch (twin linked death spinners and fast shot) -130 pts

Fast attack 2 unit
Windrider jetbikes - +1 bike, exchange a twin link for a shrunken cannon -78 pts

Support unit
Vaul's Wrath support -shadow weaver -30 pts

Im using as Mich of the battpeforce as I can here, plus adding a few kits that im gonna want and need anyways, I know theres not.much in the way of psykers but I haven't really delved too much into games with psykers yet anyways, my friend is hammering the basics in first before I get too lost in my new army. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Hey guys just started recently and building an elder army, got the battpeforce butneed n't satisfied, about to get more kits, really want to make a fast hard hitting army to start with, then I can expand later. Let me know what you guys think, any tips and advice are much appreciated. Heres what ive got planned so far:

Command unit
Autarch -swooping wings, avenger shrunken catapult, power sword - 105 pts A decent HQ, but you wont be wanting him with your Swooping Hawks, since he would negate their ability to Skyleap (I think that's one of the rules that all models in the unit have to have, I need to check that.) He also removes their no scatter from deep strike rule. Possibly kit him out with a Warp Jump Generator if you can and let him go wild with the Spiders. If you aren't wanting to Skyleap or even deep strike at all then don't worry about it and have fun! But a Lasblaster would help stay with the range of the Hawks. If you do go with a Warp Jump Generator, then maybe a Melta Gun or something with lots of close range kick will help.

Swooping hawks - with exarch (with sunrifle) -105 pts Here is a fun lil unit, it can bounce around dropping blasts (large blasts with 6 members) and tossing out Blind checks. Its not expensive and is pretty darn effective at nabbing objectives on the last turn.

Assault unit
Dire Avenger -exarch (twin linked avenger catapult and fast shot) -95 pts Basic troop, cant say much against it. The Exarch is a little unnecessary as are his power, which is not possible. Dire Avengers dont get Fast Shot. Also, for the 15 points you spent getting an Exarch with twin-linked shots, you could have gotten another Avenger with 2 more shots and an extra wound. The extra guy would boost damage and survivability.

Wave rider -twin linked scatter laser - 120 pts Wave Serpents are fantastic and this is a pretty good start on one. Try out different kits as you go along and find the one that works for you. The one you listed is a very good start.

Assault 2 unit
Dire Avenger -exarch (twin linked avenger catapult and fast shot) -95 pts same as earlier

Wave serpent -eldar missile launcher -130 pts EML's are considered by many to be overcosted, as they dont add too much for the extra points spent on them. Many believe that those points would be better spent on an extra shuriken cannon for additional punch. It is possible to make them work by utilizing their range very well, but your whole list should be built with the intent of every unit in mind.

Fast attack unit
Warp spiders -exarch (spinnaret rifle and fast shot) -130 pts (I am perfectly alright with this, the extra cost to the Exarch here COULD be spent on another Spider, but the addition of AP 1 greatly increases the killing ability.)

Warp spiders -exarch (twin linked death spinners and fast shot) -130 pts Twin-linking a few of BS 5 shots doesn't really add much more punch than simply adding another Spider. Also, the extra wound from another spider would add to the unit's survival.

Fast attack 2 unit
Windrider jetbikes - +1 bike, exchange a twin link for a shrunken cannon -78 pts Small units of Jetbikes are great for tossing out some extra Shuriken Cannon fire, but keep them safe. They are the best late game objective takers in the entire game. These are also Troops, so make sure not to get them confused with Fast Attack.

Support unit
Vaul's Wrath support -shadow weaver -30 pts Honestly, its not going to do too much. However, it is REALLY cheap and moderately useful. A full unit can dampen enemy spirits for less than 100 points. There are other great Heavy Support choices in the codex, but this is certainly a fun one. It lacks the mobility of the rest of the list, but it can certainly be useful all the same.

Im using as Mich of the battpeforce as I can here, plus adding a few kits that im gonna want and need anyways, I know theres not.much in the way of psykers but I haven't really delved too much into games with psykers yet anyways, my friend is hammering the basics in first before I get too lost in my new army. Thanks guys!!
Comments in orange! Honestly, I am a big believer in finding what methods work best for you. What do you find the most fun? What do you need in your meta to be most effective while maintaining that fun? Most of the little seemingly pointless questions just add up to say play and learn and build from that. But overall that's my rambling thoughts and if I don't hit "Post Quick Reply" (quick, lol) I'll type forever...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts