Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

Spiritseer
= 70

5 Wraithguard
-5 D-Scythes
-Wave Serpent w/ EML + Hull-mounted Shuri-cannon.
= 350
*Joined by Spiritseer

7 Dire Avengers
-Wave Serpent w/ EML + Hull-mounted Shuri-cannon
= 231

3 War-Walkers
-3x2 Starcannons
= 210

Fire Prism
-Hull-mounted Shuri-cannon
= 135

Total = 996.

In the future, this list will get 500 points of Harlequin allies.

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Lemme see! Durable/reasonably quick troops, check. Anti-Light Infantry, check. Anti-Elite Infantry, check. Anti-MC, check. Anti-Transport, check. Anti-Heavy tank, light but present. Anti-flyer, not really. Overall, about an 8/10.

Finding lots of high AV units are not too common in 1000 point games or lower, but they do happen. One Lance shot, some hopeful Distorts, and 2 S8 shots are almost a Hail Mary against 2 AV14's or even more AV 13's. I mean, it is all Meta dependent anyway.

Your intended allies will certainly be able to mitigate that one weakness with extra ranged Haywire while sowing disorder within enemy ranks. But Harlies' #1 weakness isn't really covered in your list at all. Even with your Allies added in, you will have no real way to counter Flyers, which become much more common as you get to the 1500 mark. You can toss several shots into the air and pray or hope to be able to get the Harlies in close enough, fast enough that your ranks will be somewhat safe in combat and only the Harley vehicles will face much threat from the flyers. After the initial assault, whatever they fail to kill should be able to maneuver to greatly reduce the risks presented. A lot depends on what 500 points of Harlequins you are investing in.

Not entirely sold on the EML, but they do provide for a better long range game for if you wanted to spend a turn or two hanging back and knocking out a bit of resistance before closing in later turns with more assertive force. Knocking out heavy gun squads, etc. while hanging back would help the vitality of transports and wraithguard. It also means larger tanks get a while longer to live, as the range of the Wraiths and potential Haywire requires being much closer...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Styro.

Things I was looking to add:

Solitaire
Troupe in a weaver.

Not exactly 500 points. So, if I dropped the EMLs (I took these for anti-infantry...but yeah, i have a lot of that already) and used the left over points (guessing about 120-150) I could snaffle a Hunter if I do some shuffling.

That is, unless there is a better alternative to the hunter for AA?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Thanks, Styro.

Things I was looking to add:

Solitaire
Troupe in a weaver.

Not exactly 500 points. So, if I dropped the EMLs (I took these for anti-infantry...but yeah, i have a lot of that already) and used the left over points (guessing about 120-150) I could snaffle a Hunter if I do some shuffling.

That is, unless there is a better alternative to the hunter for AA?
Well, without going Unbound Harlies will be a tough fit if you are looking for a Solitaire and a Troupe in a Weaver. They lack the HQ for a normal Allied Detachment so you are going to have use their detachment (looks like 700 points without the Solitaire) or a couple of Formations. One of the cheaper ways (points-wise) to get both those requirements into your list is going to be the Run and Assault formation (dunno its name) and the lonesome path formation (still dunno the name). Run and Assault formation needs 1 Troupe (can take Weaver as a transport) 1 squad of Harley Bikes, and 1 Voidweaver. At a minimum that is 340 points with the transport. Add 25-45 points for kisses and maybe a 6th member and another 10 for Haywire Cannons on the bikes and you are at 395 points. 265 more points for the other formation brings it all to around 660 points. (which is still less than the 845 you would spend adding the whole detachment). That adds 3 Haywire Cannons, 2 Shuriken Cannons, a nice Assault unit that can run and assault T2 onward, and a 3 guys on their own with stealth, shrouded, and infiltrate.

Now.... The company of Actors formation would be cheaper (money-wise too, if you have the models already) than the run/assault formation, but you couldn't fit the unit inside the transport (but should still be able to buy it). It'll still likely run you over 500 points for even a 6 man troupe on foot, but it still saves points.

Of the 2 options, I actually think the 1st one would add more to the list with the Haywire, even though the 2nd pairing can pass a little bit of Crusader over to the Eldar units. (honestly, I dont see Crusader helping your list out all that much).

On the AA matter... If you can find the points for a Crimson Hunter (maybe not with Harley concerns) and you are comfortable with it then it would be great for helping both AA and for High AV tank hunting. If the points are more scarce then a little more gun shifting may be called for. Warp Spiders and Scatter/Cannon Serpents are Eldar's next best Flyer hunters. But the High AV bonus Hunters give are not found on either of those build. Lances on the Serpents and adding Spiders, or Scatter Serpents adding Lance Walkers are options.

Honestly, I can't say the best course to take forward without knowing how you'd like to handle your ally situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts